Brake Pipes

My GF's car failed MOT.

The fail was on the brake pipes at the rear which were excessively corroded. How big a job is it to repair the brake pipes? One garage said they would want to take the fuel tank out. Does that sound correct?

Bit worried about the cost, sound like it nay end up being hundereds

Thanks,
Paul

Both garages I spoke to said they would have to replace the entire length of pipes right through the length of the car, this was without even seeing the car. But the MOT inspector said to me that it could be replaced in portions. So what is the truth? Can you cut out a corroded part and replace it or do you have to replace the entire length?

Both garages I spoke to said they would have to replace the entire length of pipes right through the length of the car, this was without even seeing the car. But the MOT inspector said to me that it could be replaced in portions. So what is the truth? Can you cut out a corroded part and replace it or do you have to replace the entire length?
You can cut out a corroded part and replace with new but for the price lf brake pipe its worth replacing the lot

the brake pipes go over the tank surely ? you might get away with lowering it 6 inches tho :)
Nah they go around :) (on a K10 at least)

Only photo I have
1399575442614.jpg

Back