k11 nearside rear brake pipe slightly corroded

According to my MOT advisory information, the nearside rear brake pipe is slightly corroded. I am thinking about replacing it myself. I've looked through some photos on this site (polymobiles rebuild) but can't see how long this pipe is as it seems to dissapear up the side of the fuel tank. Does anyone know if it is a short length of pipe or does it run all the way to the engine?

if they are the originals then they probably run the full length of the car,if your going to make the pipes yourself you will need a flaring tool to put the correct ends on the pipe.

OP
OP
davidxzy
Thanks for replying. Yes, they are the originals. Looks like I'm stuck as I don't like working under cars. I have a flaring kit but it's imperial.

OP
OP
davidxzy
Yes, I have put grease on it to keep it going. The bias valve, is that the thing that I can see by looking under the back of the car with pipes coming out of it?

OP
OP
davidxzy
Well, just an update, I managed to borrow some ramps and fabricated and replaced the short n/s rear pipe and fitted a new hose. A long pipe from the engine to the bias valve was badly pitted at the valve end, just the few inches not coated with plastic. I cut the pipe back a few inches from the pitted bit and used a union to fit a new piece of cupro nickel pipe. I tested the pitted part by holding the ends with pliers and it snapped in half with little pressure. Just goes to show how dangerous pitting is on brake pipes. That pipe should have been a fail last MOT not an advisory.