Brake Disc removal....

Hello all,

Daft question, but how do I remove the front disc as I need to change these on my T Reg 1999 Micra. Have got the pads out with ease, but stuck on the Discs!
Any help would be most appreciated!

Thanks.

if ya need to ask, should you really be doing it.

I don't take this car out on the road. It's a project...besides, I do get my work checked over after by a friend who is a mechanic.
But I managed to do it with no problems at all.
Thanks again for your advice pollyp.

Yeah, I do get what you're saying. I guess it shouldn't be done by 'just anyone', but anyone can gain the knowledge and skills to do it safely - and that should be encouraged.

God knows, if I wasn't able to maintain my own vehicles (ie if I didn't have a forum like this and my dad's tools) I couldn't afford to be on the road and wouldn't have my independence or be able to follow my chosen career.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Yeah, I do get what you're saying. I guess it shouldn't be done by 'just anyone', but anyone can gain the knowledge and skills to do it safely

hmm, there must be exceptions. I knew a young man once who was trying to strip the outer sheath off some phone line cable without success. I lent him a Stanley knife showing him how to open it to get at the blades and fit one ready for use, expressing to him to be very careful. Later I spoke to him and he said he still couldn't strip it, so I popped round to his house to assist, he'd fitted 3 blades in the end! and he was supposed to be intelligent :rolleyes:

brakes are a special case in terms of unskilled diy tho, ask the 4 recently bereaved families in bristol

Agreed, but I guess you wont learn unless you try.
That being said, the car in question is NOT on the road and is my project to "cut my teeth" on. I bought it so I could learn and the forum, thus far, has been an excellent source. So any input and advice, I will happily take.

Back