Nearside Brake/disc knocking :(

Hi guys,

First time user and newbie to the site so please forgive if this in the wrong section.

About 8 months ago my micra had to have her pads and disc changed, and the garage picked up on the caliper had a bent pin, which they fixed (not sure if replaced). Then in August this year I had to get the pads and discs changed again, 1 pad was bare the other was missing a lump. About 4 weeks ago there was a knocking noise when I slowed down and still knocking when I slow down, any ideas as the garage are telling me I need a a whole new brake mount, but would rather seek advice from owners first as I dont trust completly. Oh the previous garage didnt put copper grease on the slide bolts.

if one pad is wearing more than the others, then the caliper is probably sticking gazzman, you might be as well to get another one from a local breakers

Cheers Frank, i'll nip down to Wantage tomorrow and sort it some time over the next few days. I'll let you know what happens and if dont solve the problem then you can brain storm some more (Y)

Back