Brake caliper bolts seized ....

Tried changing my pads yesterday, couldn't get the caliper bolts out, used penetrating fluid but no joy ... wratchet head didn't catch and spun once so thought not try it again as it might wear the bolt head out! .. Any ideas how I can attempt it again without knackering the head! If I can't do it i'll just have to wait for mot and have the guy change my discs n pads = More money !!!

always recommend using 6 sided socket to crack loose any bolts, especially difficult old rusted bolts.
last resort if the head is rounded, weld another nut/bolt on top of it. if that doesn't come off, grind it off.
can get new guide pins & bolts from brake part suppliers like brakes international

always recommend using 6 sided socket to crack loose any bolts, especially difficult old rusted bolts.
last resort if the head is rounded, weld another nut/bolt on top of it. if that doesn't come off, grind it off.
can get new guide pins & bolts from brake part suppliers like brakes international

I have a heat gun, would I not be able to heat the bolt maybe ? ... some bloke at work said to try it but I don't wanna make things worse! :)

Deffo need changing, was 50 miles out of sheffield yesterday and had metal grinding against metal! Missed out the motorway and came home backways! Had visions of shooting through a junction!

Back