Boot up the butt

Hi peeps
i have trailed through these forums and found many differant ideas to try but in short what i want is 2 or 3 things i can do to give my car a bit of a kick up the a55.I am going to start with the usual air filter mods but just want to know which replacement filter is best for 1.0 16v (94),plus is there anything else i can do on the cheap as money is a factor and i'm fed up not having much power to overtake the many tractor/trailers and tesco trucks in my area.Many thanks in advance. John.

taking the spare wheel out is not an option as i have a 50 mile round trip to work and some roads are "out in the sticks".The 1.3 option will cost too much,just need advice what best air filter/plugs and any other tips but thanks anyway.

get a new car! micra's aren't the quickest, or deal with lack of power. lol. there is no cheap mod that is gonna boost performance. talk to the guys on here that have improved the performance, it didnt just happen with a halfords mushroom filter!

mines only a 1 litre, but as long as you are in the right gear, and position, then you still have enough jip to get past anything that is worth overtaking!

Alright perhaps "boot" was a tad strong i think pep up would be more siutable.I don't intend going down the mushroom filter route i would just like an opinion on what drop-in/replacement filter works best and is there any dyno proof of this.Do any particular plugs give better performance,plug leads etc.As i said i dont intend chucking loads of money at it just want a little more poke on my long journey home without changing cars.

Alright perhaps "boot" was a tad strong i think pep up would be more siutable.I don't intend going down the mushroom filter route i would just like an opinion on what drop-in/replacement filter works best and is there any dyno proof of this.Do any particular plugs give better performance,plug leads etc.As i said i dont intend chucking loads of money at it just want a little more poke on my long journey home without changing cars.

if a stock filter will feed a 1.4 ok, i doubt if any changes will show gains on a 1.0, and if your plugs and leads are working ok, then no gains to be had also.
1.4 middle pipe ? (ie, 2nd decat)
lightened flywheel ?
1.3 cams or better inlet cam ? :)

Back