Oil leak Anyone know how the oil set up is?

Hello everyone. Just had a minor oil leak and wanted to know if anyone knows or has had to replace something to stop it. I tried putting some stop oil leak stuff didn't work and it's not coming from the oil filter or plug, however it's a little above but I can't really see because it's so small up there. So my question is does anyone know how the oil goes around in the system, or have you had a leak in this area and is it just a simple gasket leak? pictures would be helpful I'd love to post some once I get thing discovered and fixed. Thanks

pollyp

Club Member
Q1 is the leak persistant, visible leak/dropping after every day (checking if it's an actual leak or just excess pool of oil left at the bottom of the block after an oil filter change that's dripping down)
Q2 is the droplet a thick dark brown n slippery oil or a watery thin coloured coolant.

above the oil filter is the oil pressure sensor screwed into the block. could remove the filter to reveal the sensor and see if there's any shiny signs of oil leaking & drooling down from that sensor area.
the next source of oil above would be the HG and the engine cover.

if it's a watery droplet, it could be a leaking hose or coolant return pipe o-ring that slots into the back of the water pump housing at the back of the block. again oil filter off and shine a light at where the pipe enters the water pump and look for watery drops