Bypassed boot switch

Hi,

I recently bought a 2007 Micra Activ.
The external boot switch doesn't work so I bought a replacement switch to fix it.
When I removed the covering panel I saw that the wires had been cut off from the switch and it looks like someone has added a switch on the dash next to the door mirrors switch, so that it can be opened from inside the car, as When I removed the covering panel I saw that the wires had been cut off from the switch and it looks like someone has added a switch on the dash next to the door mirrors switch, so that it can be opened from inside the car, I don't think that it is a standard switch, but it does work. I don't think that it's a standard switch but it does work.
IMG_2614.JPG

I need to know if I can keep that switch in place and and simply add the external boot switch to it, or if it is a standard switch on the dashboard, would it have originally been wired in series to the external one or in parallel, as it could be that there was a break in the wire from the dashboard switch and someone has added a much thicker pair of wires to run to the lock.

IMG_2613.JPG

It does look like I can simply cut the connecting plug off the new switch and connect it to those two wires in the above photo so that I can open the boot from inside and outside, but I would appreciate someone more knowledgeable to confirm it for me.

Thank you.

Back