Bonnet troubles are now over :D

SHR3K

Ex. Club Member
Well, i was getting annoyed with me bonnet and a mate has suggested he may be able to sort it for me,

Ive managed to get hold of this for 20 quid so it will be moulded in by the weekend :D

What do you all think?

This and the grill meshed :)

Shr3k

417c_1_b.JPG

I'm not a fan of pulsar vents on most cars as they're just too big! Each to there own though :)

does he not mean the bumper and grill? or pulsar vent and grill? i dunno lol he hasnt explained it very clearly :p

anyway, no dont put a pulsar vent in! also, no dont put that front bumper on, and also lol, i thought you had a facelift k11? it would be a nightmare to get that grill to fit would it not? why not just get a pre facelift grill and cut it up?

pulsar vents look good on one car, a pulsar! sorry to be a drag mate but that looks chavy and crap. but each to their own

does he not mean the bumper and grill? or pulsar vent and grill? i dunno lol he hasnt explained it very clearly :p

they way i read it is he means the bonnet vent and facelift grill he made that is open like "James T's (Niz)" micra!!

anyway......i wouldnt put this on bud, but its up to you!!!

In my opinion (Note: this is not gospel, it is just an opinion)
It has been done before and it looked awful, that pic looks awful, not even a good replica vent, you can see it isnt vented, the only reason nissan put them there was to give air to the top-mounted intercooler. You dont have one.
Dont mean to wee on your bonfire but so far we have had:

Lexus Lights
Fake imitation 'alloy' wheel trims
and a GTiR vent

SHR3K have a look on ebay matey see if you can find some nice looking OVAL SHAPED vents not oblong or square something with a nice line to it. Then it will compliment the shape of the micra and not make it look hidious or farsical. Your ideas are somewhat ott mate and although we all know your up for anything we are,I am trying to help you not get laughed at. If you put a square vent on a rounded oval shaped bonnett they will most certainly clash..................................Didnt you ever see top gear with the MDF home made body kit.......................frightning

In my opinion (Note: this is not gospel, it is just an opinion)
It has been done before and it looked awful, that pic looks awful, not even a good replica vent, you can see it isnt vented, the only reason nissan put them there was to give air to the top-mounted intercooler. You dont have one.
Dont mean to wee on your bonfire but so far we have had:

Lexus Lights
Fake imitation 'alloy' wheel trims
and a GTiR vent

Ok the lexus lights, i thought you could get them for the k11 and thought they would look nice but that's when i first thought about modding me car.

As for the "FAKE" imitation trims well they arn;t fake and they arn;t imitation if you actually read the post you;d see they were trims that looked like alloys but i did state they were trims and would always be trims....

And as for the vent i like it. I received it today, cut the vents out and placed it on me bonnet and it looks awesome. It has curved sides and teh flat top compliments the car not make it look crap. I'm sorry but it's my car and i like it. I appreciate the comments but some of your tastes are awful aswell! lol

Maybe once fitted i can change your minds ;)

Shr3k

I just hope thats the end of it....

But something tells me it wont be :(

And as for the vent i like it. I received it today, cut the vents out and placed it on me bonnet and it looks awesome. It has curved sides and teh flat top compliments the car not make it look crap. I'm sorry but it's my car and i like it. I appreciate the comments but some of your tastes are awful aswell! lol

Maybe once fitted i can change your minds ;)

Shr3k

I just hope thats the end of it....

But something tells me it wont be :(

mate, im not being nasty, angry, annoyed or having ago....so please dont think i am now..

remember its your car, your money, your mods and your taste!!!

i liked your bonnet how it was with the subtle small vents, but its just this massive pulsar bonnet vent im not sure of....BUT im not telling you not to do it OK!!!!!!!!!!
i just want to see some pics :grinning:

sorry

Napster i know,

People arn;t sure what it will look like yet....

So all i'm saying is wait for the pics then slag it off ;)

Shr3k

i wouldnt say they where slagging it off mate......just putting their views / opinions across that its a big vent for a small car....and its a pulsar one too...thats all i believe so nothing bad to take offence over!!!

pics...come on lol

Pictures up on saturday,

And tbh i think i'd like a big vent,

Also i'm smoothing the car out,

All bumpers, keys ect are being smoothed.

Shr3k

What you need to do with that is put horizontal slats in the openings like GTiRs have, some pulsar side vents, then get a GTiR spoiler and cut it down to fit the micra. Some subtle sideskirts, front and rear splitter and you have the micra GTiR!

Oh yeah dont forget to turbocharge it.

james do what u wish as its your car.

but..as for a pulsar vent it wuld have to be functional as its so big and also people put these on the most stupid of cars like corsa's and swifts and its just far too big!

Back