Bluetooth and mobile phone help!

I've just bought a Micra Aventi - 2007 plate - for the wife and I'm trying to sort out the bluetooth/phone connection.
I have successfully connected both my and her mobile phone, having deleted the previous' owners's handsets!. My question is - how do I download her phone contacts? It just looks like that I would have to enter these one by one, which will be a bit of a pain. I did try to enter my number, but couldn't get past just putting in my name! The owners manual is pretty useless on this point!!!
Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Do you mean Micra Acenta?

So I guess you have the bluetooth radio and 6 disc cd changer with the microphone up near the courtesy lights.

I have a manual here, just had a look and the instructions are quite comprehensive, (available to purchase) the process with the contacts is invariably dependent on what phone you have, if it has the ability to select all contacts and send them all by bluetooth then you can use that method however that isn't an exact science and is quite hit and miss with that audio unit, if you have smartphones that has voice dialling then just use your voice to dial someone, don't bother downloading the contacts, so no fiddling with a small screen dangerously whilst driving.

That radio doesn't have any audio streaming capability so the whole telephone integration thing back in 2007 was a brave but poorly executed attempt.

Or on the other hand if you intend to keep the car and the expense can be justified just install an after market audio unit, single or double din, I've done it recently, have a look here

OK. So the Bluetooth on the original Nissan Micra Acenta is a bit rubbish, by today’s standards. So, what replacement unit would folks recommend, without spending silly money! (I’m a pensioner so having to watch the pennies!).

So far, I’ve established that I’d need a double Din unit. The basic requirements are: radio (FM or DAB), and Bluetooth hands free. Sat nav would be good but not essential as we use Google maps on the phone.

So, what recommendations? Thanks in advance.

OK. So the Bluetooth on the original Nissan Micra Acenta is a bit rubbish, by today’s standards. So, what replacement unit would folks recommend, without spending silly money! (I’m a pensioner so having to watch the pennies!).

So far, I’ve established that I’d need a double Din unit. The basic requirements are: radio (FM or DAB), and Bluetooth hands free. Sat nav would be good but not essential as we use Google maps on the phone.

So, what recommendations? Thanks in advance.

Firstly an issue arise because you have the facelift in dash 6 disc CD changer with bluetooth, when you remove the current radio the aperture isn't exactly proper DIN dimensions, in fact neither is it in the pre facelift cars however the difference being the commonly available fascia adaptor plate (that fills the gaps left when you fit a double din radio) only fits the pre facelift aperture, have you taken a look at my post with photos of my installation???

You do not necessarily have to get a double din unit, plenty of single din units out there have Bluetooth but sadly once again you'd be in a fix with the non double din/single din width and height aperture.

I am not intentionally trying to make this sound like a hard job to do but it isn't going to involve just the cost of the radio, you must factor in the cost of the steering wheel controls adaptor £30-40, a DAB adaptor £50 (both if necessary) and unless you don't mind it looking like a pigs ear then you're going to need a radio surround/air vent panel from a pre facelift car £30-50 and the aforementioned fascia plate adaptor £30-40.

If you want Google maps on the big screen you'll need an Apple CarPlay / Android Auto double din head unit £300+

You can get decent big brand double din head units (without Apple CarPlay or Android Auto) that still have full bluetooth handsfree and music streaming functionality for under £150, I'd suggest have a search and see what's available in your budget, I'd also suggest avoiding the under £100 cheap and nasty Chinese double din head units.

Alternatively less expensively keep the head unit you have and have a Parrot bluetooth system, have a look here

DIN = Deutsche Industrie Norm

Last edited:
Back