Fitting GPS, Headunit and Bluetooth Handsfree

M

Monkey

IMG_0131r.jpg

Image Resized to 768 x 576 -132.9656k Monkey

I was bored last night so i thought it was time i fitted my handfrees kit, headunit and GPS, after 4 hours work (including wiping clean and re installing all the PDA software and testing in the car) this is how it looks, im very impressed with the bracket i bought (dash mount) that is desighed for the 1998> K11 i thought it would be too high up but its perfect, its the right height and position to glance at whilst driving. plus the dash mount can be used for a mobile phone holder etc not just a PDA

Looks very good that! Just the right size. How does the bracket attach to the car? is it on a sticky pad or something as there arent any fan grilles etc there is there?

Thanks for resizing the image mate :)

And yeah, it does look VERY nice there, much better than mine stuck on the windscreen with a massive sucker!

Is it in a comfortably viewable position? I only ask cos mine is next to the dial cluster so I don't have to take my eyes too far away from the road.

This is the Dash mount Bracket before fitting its a 71474, its specially designed for the Micra 1998> K11

IMG_0090.jpg

YOu removed the 2 screws on the left and it you bolt it there useing the origional screws, it even has a extra hole for the locating pin for the heater controls

IMG_0089.jpg

I had to remove a bit of the plastic from the centre console fascia, you dont have to but im a bit of a perfectionist and i like things to fit perfectly, plus i needed some where the power cablefor the pda to go in to the dash

IMG_0099.jpg

The finished (ish) product all i needed to fit was the powered cradle for my PDA
IMG_0100.jpg

James said:
Thanks for resizing the image mate :)

Not a problem mate :)

James said:
And yeah, it does look VERY nice there, much better than mine stuck on the windscreen with a massive sucker!

Is it in a comfortably viewable position? I only ask cos mine is next to the dial cluster so I don't have to take my eyes too far away from the road.

its just right, i dont like the windscreen mounts as i dont like having anything in my feild of vision, its just out side my normal feild of vision which i like, i very rarely look at the screen (ive had all that for nearly ar year and its been in 4 cars) as the voice propmts are really good, i normally look at the screen when im at traffic lights/round a bouts where my full concertration of the other road users isnt needed and i can have a look.

Thats an excellent and really tidy / professional finish. Was expecting it to be drilled straight into the dashboard or something but that looks good!

Arnold said:
Thats an excellent and really tidy / professional finish. Was expecting it to be drilled straight into the dashboard or something but that looks good!

Thanks!! i dont like to drill holes unneccessarily, if there is a proper bracket etc i will spend the money, as the finished product looks and works better plus when i sell the car i can take it all out and you can hardly notice what ive done or i can easily replace the part ive cut/drilled/modified.

i need a new facia as when fitting the display for the Handsfree kit (the screen at the bottom under the H/U) the drill bit skipped and has made a slight mess Doh!! but it will do for now.

Arnold said:
So is that a universal mount or one specifically designed for the K11?

Third time lucky:laugh:
100% Nissan Micra K11 1998> Specific, it will only fit this model.

the company Dash mount makes brakets for nearly every car made since 1995 and some earlier, www.dashmount.co.uk when i used to work in the car audio business we had shed loads of the brackets as they are really really good for £20 each you cant complain as it will fit and its in a good position it will not foul the glove box/air vents etc

Ive also got to re do the power for the PDA as its running off of the H/U, and the handsfree kits is also, im going to leave the H/F running from the H/U as it came with pre wired iso plugs and if i start cutting plugs off it will invalidate my warranty. plus i have loads of other stuff im going to be putting in the car over the next coupe of weeks/months that will require more power so im putting in a Auxillary fuse box just to run the Extras im putting in.

can someone change the title to

Fitting GPS, Headunit and Bluetooth Handsfree

or something similar to this thread ta

Back