BlueSteel

MOT time soon. My high level led brake light doesn't work. Both low level brake lights are fine. Will it fail?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mmm after further research it appears you only have to have 2 working stop lamps. If any additional lamps are fitted and connected then they should work.
Looks like I'll be taking it off if I can't fix it on time

a75186530aa91c8b196ffe7d6c6189e8.jpg

BlueSteel lives again. Mmm...spoiler?

How much & do they allow for the high level brake light? Thanks.
Hello Scotty.
£20 including the postage buddy.
I prefer these to the wrap around myself, I have a wrap on mine, but only because it came with the car.
PM me buddy if you want one, without checking, I think I have a blue one here.
Not the colour yours is, the same as in the picture, so easy match up for respraying.

30mm drop lowering springs & new shocks have arrived. Time for some lows if I can find somewhere for my axle stands to go without going making holes in her!

Ok new problem now arose in the cold snap.

Smelling exhaust fumes in the car when at a standstill. The only thing I've done recently removed the rattling heat shields around the manifold & down pipe.

where should I start my investigations?

Ok new problem now arose in the cold snap.

Smelling exhaust fumes in the car when at a standstill. The only thing I've done recently removed the rattling heat shields around the manifold & down pipe.

where should I start my investigations?
From my own recent experience I would check the exhaust from cold by spraying with a washing-up liquid and water solution... Any leaks will bubble. If you find a leak I would look to find why the fumes are getting into the car. I took out the soft materials from the boot and found some holes I fixed the leak in the back box with high temperature chemical metal and did some welding in the boot. Fumes in the car will give you one hell of a headache, or worse.. First place to check is probably a rotten c-post. Where the air vents behind the bumper tend to fall apart

Last edited:
From my own recent experience I would check the exhaust from cold by spraying with a washing-up liquid and water solution... Any leaks will bubble. If you find a leak I would look to find why the fumes are getting into the car. I took out the soft materials from the boot and found some holes I fixed the leak in the back box with high temperature chemical metal and did some welding in the boot. Fumes in the car will give you one hell of a headache, or worse.. First place to check is probably a rotten c-post. Where the air vents behind the bumper tend to fall apart

thanks, i will give it a go.

If you took the heat shield off from around the cat make sure to put the bolts back in on either side of it otherwise it'll be leaking from there, you should be able to feel it blowing using your hand with the engine running

could be the source of those cockpit fumes :)

If you took the heat shield off from around the cat make sure to put the bolts back in on either side of it otherwise it'll be leaking from there, you should be able to feel it blowing using your hand with the engine running

could be the source of those cockpit fumes :)

You were right. Bolts tightened no more fumes. Love quick wins.

Suspected fuel pump issue turned out to be something more sinister...stretched timing chain.
Not economically viable to get it changed.

farewell BlueSteel...it's been emotional.

Garage clear out of all my Micra spares inc;

35mm lowering springs
Front & rear shocks
Rear spoiler
Almera airbox with piper cross filter
4 alloy wheels with good tyres

Available in Lincolnshire. PM me for details & pics.

Back