Blastin' past them

cisco

» CMF Member
Went for a really decent couple hours of jabbing around tonight.

Now that the camber is at a more practical setting for the street, the car was pulling off the line reasonably well, allthough still had to modulate the throttle right through 2nd until I could totally floor it once in 3rd.

First Victim: Modified R33 Skyline GTS-T. It had a phat exhaust, big racing wheels and some jabba wing. There was a couple of young blokes in it.

First run at the lights, see you later the micra got several lengths ahead of them easily no sweat and still pulling hard away.

Second run I gave them about a 1.5 car head start and I did a baby launch. By the end of second gear I was back up with them, then in 3rd the micra screamed past them pulling away very strongly. hahah all that top end power to weight ratio is awesome. Got up to about 140kmh. Then we dropped back to 80kmh and they were checking the car out and saw the intercooler and big brakes etc. Then both of them all gave me a big thumbs up and had this massive grins on their face. So I gave them two quick toots of the horn. hahaha respect. Awesome to see.

Later on I was stopped at some red light waiting to come onto Northbourne avenue and this bloody N13 pulsar q hatch with factory suspension was squatted back to the max and spooling through the intersection then pssscht dump valve. I quickly reversed back and swapped into the left merging lane and caught up to him. I hung back for a while so he didn't notice me, then it turned into an 80kmh zone going out to the Federal Highway. Then all the cars were clear in front of me in the left lane, and he was about 20m in front of me in the right lane. Both of us doing about 70kmh and him not noticing me yet. Then I dumped it back to 2nd and floored it - bam redline, 3rd - spooooooool psccht prob up to 130kmh or something flew right by them. Then they woke up and noticed the micra. Then I did 80kmh, and they did a boost run past me. haha Then it was like all these repeated runs of flooring it and getting up to like 160max and then slowing down again. Was pretty funny. Totally wide huge straight safe section of road with no other cars anywhere (110kmh zone just into NSW again).

Then we both put it into 3rd gear neck to neck and floored it. Monster cained them and pulled away with excess ease. But they were still one quick little hatch. It was awesome to see. I gave them the thumbs up and they all laughed. haha.

So much fun. I haven't jabbed around for ages like that. The car is going well touch wood (my head).

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
*Cisco's Micra Files in no way condones the act of street racing in any way or form*

Bahaha

DUDE!!! You should have given me a call, I would have taken some boost pics!! And my car's off the road at the moment so I can't even drive that!!

Seano

cisco

» CMF Member
Damn, I was thinking about it you know. I was about to SMS you and then the pulsar spooled past.

Soon soon.! Yes need to take some cool pics and get some footage for sure.

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
Holy **** that sounds quick..
You have got to get that thing on a drag strip or at least give it a few G-tech go's, it must be time to get some new video footage on the Monster i can't keep watching the old stuff for insperation.

Make sure you give us a post like this every now and again just to keep me going strong, i need motivation..

Hopefully there should be a few things done to the Super S (Silver Bullet) before Christmas comes.

Just maybe there will some other Micras that can keep up or stay close to yours one day.

cisco

» CMF Member
I've been thinking..

And we need more inspiration on this site. Its gone pretty flat.

I will endeavour to record some cool vids of the boost happening.

And everyone should go and record some cool vids of their micra hacking around the place. Some cool corner/launching footage etc.. We need some decent media on here.

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Nice one Cisco.
A good read and glad to see old Bluey is showing them who is boss.
Good to see the other drivers took it the right way and a bit of fun was had by all.Nothing worse than some drop kick who becomes all agro and well wants to run you off the road, fight you etc.

cisco

» CMF Member
Thanks guys, haha its enjoyable.

yay. Did you blow him away?

I just got back from driving around with mighty.
We ran into these funny guys in a GTi-R, the same turbo N13 pulsar again and this sleeper really old turbo honda civic.

Pulled up after a while and had a chat and checked out all the engine bay's etc. A few funny things. Turns out the N13 has a CA18DET with GT25 running 15psi. Surprising because blue monster was pulling away from him comfortably yesterday. But it still hauled along and you can hear it spool a mile away - its a very cool sleeper car.

Before we really knew them when we pulled up next to the GTi-R guy, he says "is this the crazy turbo micra?". haha reputation. Sean said "No mate, she's just stock".

Then later Seano says "We're running the same brakes as you mate" haha.

We did a couple of G-tec and 0-100kmh runs. I'm pretty disappointed. Only got a 14.5 quarter mile on the gtec with us both in the car, nothing fantastic at all. Could only manage a 6 seconds flat 0-100kmh time today also. And that was with Seano in the car. Without him it was even slower (best of a 6.33) (his weight helped the traction more).
I'm certain the VLSD does almost nothing for launch traction now, only seems to pull tight during power cornering etc. I'm honestly disappointed with those times. Its weird though, because I got that very low 5sec 0-100kmh time previously (and without the LSD also). The car seems to be losing too much traction. I think all the slowness was from doing burnouts in 2nd gear. The car definately beats cars which are faster than 14.5 in reality. So seemed weird to me. But still extremely happy with how its driving and how it feels and performs.

cisco

» CMF Member
Oh yeah and Seano took HEAPS of footage. Going through it now.

Should be some pretty cool stuff. I'll try to make a decent compilation video.

cisco

» CMF Member
One of the vids shows 5.9sec 0-100, I missed that one.

Still slower than last time though. Must be wheel spinning more.

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
sounds like fun, im sure you can pull better times that that too. damn too much power spinning through the wheels? get some better rubber! lower the tyre pressures a bit..

were you guys gteching in the same spot as you did when you got the 5secs and stuff?

i was pretty much equal with the skyline..it was rolling and i kinda planted it when he tried to get around me (after being u my ass for ages) and yeah i kept in front, pulled away ever so slightly though but nothing to say really..im happy with the way the cars going now..cant wait for heathcote today!

i think i might crack a high 14.

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
had a look at some test runs (on the old motor before it blew) and was comparing it with my original dyno run on the emanage..torque was cool:

323NM vs 169NM

fair difference i thought..

will get a dyno run with the current tune/motor hopefully this week sometime.

cisco

» CMF Member
Far out that's an awesome improvement. So this time round your car is by far the strongest that its ever been? A few improvements finally all in there at the same time??

I bet Mr Skyline was surprised hahaha.

I dropped them to 30psi at the front last night, but probably nowhere near enough for pure drag runs heh.

Yeah completely different road to last time where I timed it. Think I was only running 13psi last time also, maybe better traction even though it was making less. The power to weight once I'm moving seems awesome and you can pass most street cars, but yeah putting it down is the art.

Most of the vids were too dark. But a couple have very good sound and you can see blue monster by the tail lights, might compress and upload one or two of those.

cisco

» CMF Member
Here's a couple of clips that mighty recorded tonight.

Unfortunately it was way too dark (no street lights), but the sound is good and you can just see the lights move. hah.

Apart from that, great enthusiastic footage from mighty lying down on the side of the road to get the right perspective.

Not many of the other clips came out too well, again too dark etc. Will try to get something decent tomorrow in the daylight.

http://www.micra.hl.com.au/nissan-micra-movie-clips/stealth.avi

http://www.micra.hl.com.au/nissan-micra-movie-clips/stealth2.avi

CMF_thesarah

» CMF Member
whenever i drive my car by myself i never find people who want to run!!!!!!!!! except for that commodore, boy would he be regretting saying "why are you going to bother" to me
awesome stuff aaron and cisco, you've got me itching for more power its not funny! See how i go at heathcote today but!

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
Hmm yes... lying on the highway at 11pm at night with a camera and a 130kW Micra screaming past... MMMMMM

Bahahaha that N13 was awesome!! Without the cooler you wouldn't be able to pick it visually at all!!

Bluey was easily the fastest there I think, the GTiR would have you on launch but not enough top end...

Ahhh fun night. Can't wait to get my car out and have cisco as passenger recording!!!

Seano - Suffering from boost withdrawl

cisco

» CMF Member
Yeah definately need some better tyres or something.

Keen on getting some Rs sometime I think. My street tyres are half worn, next refill I might get some. Wonder how long they will last on the street :)

But for now, last today I might try a run with 20psi tyre pressure.

Deleted User

» CMF Member
there are lots of tricks that the yanks r using with fwd street drag cars
1.is to get high(maybe) standard height springs but very hard
2.or there r these rubber things that go in between the springs to make them stiff but u need the car jacked up or the springs out but i think there pritty cheap and not model specific
3.wheely bars(im not jokin)but adjusted to the max so the wheels r on the ground already

there all try to minamise w8 transfer to the rear

p.s and good tires(tyres) r compound,nittos or bf goodridge drag(all street leal)

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
For a while i was running lowered king springs on the front of my pulsar and stock rear springs on the rear.

Didnt handle overly well and it didnt corner too well. But **** could it accelerate! Had very good traction while accelerating.

cisco

» CMF Member
Just went for a squirt with the front tyres set to 20psi.

Steering goes to the pack. Very heavy etc.

Traction was a bit improved, but still able to completely smoke them up in 2nd with full throttle. So not going to bother running 20psi all the time, as the downsides weren't worth it as it still doesn't give me enough traction. But if I was going to the strip then I would do it anyway for the hell of it heh.

Really need to try some R series tyres, or back the boost down a bit muhah. Or could always reduce the camber a bit further, but then would be concerned about the cornering.

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Ah Cisco. Great to read these posts. Be careful Seano lying around the road with a video camera. Cops may think you are up to filming other things.
Hmm maybe back off the boost a bit worth a try.
Tyres?? Mega grip v durability I guess.Be good if you could try tyres before you buy !!
Gee what a great problem to have. Insane torque and how to get it down on the tarmac.
You are making me very anxious to get Whitey back on the road.

cisco

» CMF Member
Hehe Seano was doing some funny stuff.

I was suspiciously pulled over ready to take off in a hurry, with Seano up ahead about 50m in front of me lying down on the edge of the road filming.

When some cars came past he must have dived into the bushes, because when their headlights were up there, he could not be seen. Great work Seano hahaha.

I used to think that I should remove the heavy AD22VF brakes, but what's the point now, the wheels still spin anyway even with them on. So might as well have that awesome braking power bahaha. Looks sweet as now (sleeper effect) with the new NON-slotted discs. They don't stand out and attract attention like slotted ones do through the wheels - and braking is still exceptional.

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
Mmmm 94kW... Wasn't that on 8psi as well or am I just being too stupid? Thought you were running 8.

Hey cisco, no ants, but a couple of redbacks gave me a nip or two hahaha

Bah the things I do

Sean

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Whitey 10psi, 97kw, blow up.
Hack 7psi, 87 kw sweet as.
Still a supercharger a bit harder on the internals so maybe 10psi and 100kw on standard internals you might get away with it but for how long??
Time to live on the edge Sean.
Aaron what have you done to your internals this time round.

cisco

» CMF Member
Yeah weird. Bit of a lucky dip I reckon.

Original blue monster engine 11.5psi for AGES and driven hard and never died apart from blowing some weird ugly smoke towards the end (hence the rebuild). It wasn't totally happy and had some weird **** in the overflow tank, but was still making reasonable power.

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
Yep I hear you Dave, although I'm running 5psi low boost, 10psi high boost (in cabin boost controller)

Only thing I'm worried about is my rings/ring lands as my water injection kit can easily handle 20psi on stock compression so detonation is no worry...

So *hopefully* I'll be able to restrain myself and only run 10psi occasionally... Happy to scoot around on 5psi daily

Sean

cisco

» CMF Member
Ok sussed it. Some inspiration from evade.

Next tyre change I'm going to swap to Bridgestone Potenza GIIIs. These are what evade runs and are a high performance tyre with great grip on the street. Its amazing, once you piss off the ultra rare 195/45 dimension, you open your choices up to a whole new world of performance tyres for MUCH BETTER prices. My 195/45s were the worst ones you could get and were still $145 each just for rubbish.

I'm also going to try 205/50 size. Will give me some extra width at the same time. Should mean the monster can get off the line very nicely.

Now I just need to smoke these tyres up so they wear out faster hah.

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
hey cisco mate you ask aaron bout those tyres tooo, lol i did just yesterday:p, the'r going to be my next set > The GIII's that is, if you get them before me let me know how you go with em mate, my 195/45R14's are tooo wide for 6" wide rims and are rolling off the rims, gotta get some 15's :D and the GIII's

Alex

cisco

» CMF Member
Yeah for sure. Keen to fire them up. They sound real niice.

I need to check my tread levels now muhah.

Also be funny to throw on some 165s just to do mega smokers in 2nd and 3rd gear.

Back