drinks and snacks from the past

N

nizzanz1

a chance to remember what kinds of drinks and snacks you recall from when you were young but are maybe not made anymore in uk.
for me its cans of quatro.
not sure if you can still get them but i remember double dip sherbert(with a wooden stick) golden wonders ringos. blackjacks, wham bars , fizz whizz popping candy (carefull it detonates). and lastly but most painfully rememberd the 3 pack of red "fireballs", these i am sure are the prototypes for chemical weapons. they take you close to death in fiery tongue and throat hell. only consume near cold water tap, only suck for 10 seconds at a time.

can any one remember secret bars? they were the boy - i had this convo at uni the other day was brilliant, pparently there is a website that u can order all these sorts of sweets off of

Chocolate Licko mmmmmm

There was a huge thread like this on the channel 4 forum, err,

Fish and chip crisps, i remember nerds too, anyone remember those blue pots with the chocolate and bread stick type things? think they were called "choc dips" or something.

God theres loads of things i cant think of now

Arnold said:
anyone remember those blue pots with the chocolate and bread stick type things? think they were called "choc dips" or something.
Yes! I love them! You can still buy them y'know! :p

tbh most of that is still in the shops,maybe a different name

sweets will never stop lol

indeed. i think items that are no longer with us are gone because they contained high levels of gene altering chemicals no doubt. i think the book on E numbers had to be rewritten when childrens snacks got developed.

nizzanz1 said:
indeed. i think items that are no longer with us are gone because they contained high levels of gene altering chemicals no doubt. i think the book on E numbers had to be rewritten when childrend snacks got developed.

yeah stuff like that toxic waste thing on the link...looks abit strong does that

Toxic waste is awesome, I got some for christmas, SO SOUR though! :D

Warheads are similar, but not as strong:

extsourpkg.jpg

Actually i remember talking to james about Wispa bars not being around, but apparently they're rebranded too.

Ok its not a sweet, but Tab clear cola vanished many moons ago.

And i didnt know you could get choc dips still! Never actually liked them that much but would eat them anyway.

Arnold said:
Actually i remember talking to james about Wispa bars not being around, but apparently they're rebranded too.

Ok its not a sweet, but Tab clear cola vanished many moons ago.

And i didnt know you could get choc dips still! Never actually liked them that much but would eat them anyway.
Yep they're now called "Cadbury Dairy Milk Bubbly" :rolleyes:

btw i wouldnt actually want to eat any of these "food" items now. i think they are terrible and bad for the body. i only had them breifly when i was young when i didnt know about good or bad food.
i so regret my school dinner days. in the canteen chips / beans/ battered sausage/ iced bun onna tray. and if taking out, then bag of chips, which is so fatty it leaks out of grease proof bag and all down the inside of by jacket inner pocket. and a giant greasy cookie for later. ..ugh..shudder... what did i do to myself. i blame my parents/teachers/school peers and generally everyone.

nizzanz1 said:
btw i wouldnt actually want to eat any of these "food" items now. i think they are terrible and bad for the body. i only had them breifly when i was young when i didnt know about good or bad food.
i so regret my school dinner days. in the canteen chips / beans/ battered sausage/ iced bun onna tray. and if taking out, then bag of chips, which is so fatty it leaks out of grease proof bag and all down the inside of by jacket inner pocket. and a giant greasy cookie for later. ..ugh..shudder... what did i do to myself. i blame my parents/teachers/school peers and generally everyone.

stuff that....wheres my credit card?

yes but it will be worth it :)

i basicly eat what i want..i dont try to eat certain foods just to be healthy.i keep fit ,play football and walk a lot but i dont go out of my way to exercise
infact i dont put wieght on lol im 5'11ft and 10stone

I'm stil relying on my young persons metabolism, I eat what I want, don't do much excercise, and i'm about 5'11" and... erm... thin. LOL

i remember getting a turkish delight for the first time. one of the millions of regrets in my life. i didnt make the same mistake twice.

Anybody remember lucky charms (not sweets i know, but still really nice)

You cant get them in the UK anymore but still around in the US :)

Big_ben said:
can any one remember secret bars? they were the boy - i had this convo at uni the other day was brilliant, pparently there is a website that u can order all these sorts of sweets off of

Were they the ones that looked like shredded wheat, and had marshmallow stuff inside? Yuuuuum.

Also, does anyone remember those chips you could get with tomato ketchup already through the middle? No-one remembers them apart from me.

rallybunny said:
Were they the ones that looked like shredded wheat, and had marshmallow stuff inside? Yuuuuum.

Also, does anyone remember those chips you could get with tomato ketchup already through the middle? No-one remembers them apart from me.
Not quite
B0005ZWPL2.01-A3CDPEGSIQM61V.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I used to eat all the funny marshmallow bits and be left with a box of cereal which i wouldn't eat :D The marshmallows were harder than normal marshmallow but they disolved and melted on your tounge.

i cant believe someone actually remembers secret bars - they were the daddy, i used to go on the mobile shop and get them put on my tab at like the age of 6 and my nana used to always have to clear it, they came in a cardboard box type thing inside he wrapper too - mmmmm

Ive just remembered there was a chocolate bar called a Taxi! Anyone remember that?

GOLD BARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and layla i am detemined to get them to remake secret bars

our korner cabin..used to sell 1p jelly teddy bears for half price!

me and my mate used to go down with 50p each for them..and being like 5 years old we made her count all 100 of em out..............yes i would still do that today :)

but they would probably be 5p now :(

Rik, they were probably out of date lol and isnt the korner cabin off of coronation street?

Big_ben said:
Rik, they were probably out of date lol and isnt the korner cabin off of coronation street?

no it was an old builders porter cabin near mmy house that was a shop..it also had arcade games in it too...very cool

Arnold said:
Ive just remembered there was a chocolate bar called a Taxi! Anyone remember that?

They still make them!!! I got some last week, try Tesco's!!! :p

Anyone remember Caramac?!!!!! Mmmmmmm

Oooh, and i have to add, i am discusted by the Kinder Egg's now, they use to be really good and u use to be able to actually 'make' stuff, now they pretty much are made!!!! Not happy!!!!

Back