not revving past 3000 (ish) rpm

jabran200

Ex. Club Member
Need some help and advice guys, the car gets to 3000rpm and then just wont go past it and has constant misfireing there. Quite often it will stall after idleing when i try to set off and when reach idle again like at traffic lights.

O.k i checked on a diagnostic machine and it says that the maf sensore is faulty and is also giving a 0v reading as all the time.

From the sounds of it changing it should cure it the revving problem and the rest correct? or not. If thats not the problem then what could it be, i havent checkd it all yet (pulgs, leads etc yet as i didnt get enough time but the should be fine as between 1000-3000 rpm they dont hesistate at all).

thanks

It would be running in full limp mode. You need to get that fixed asap.

Planning on doing it tomorrow. The car had been parked up the apst week as i was away and came back to this. Got the 3 complete engines for parts so Should be done quick.

Thanks Ed for confirming it for me.

i dont know which sensors failing would cause this. o2, MAF doesnt, and if cam posistion sensor wasnt working it wouldnt even start... is engine light on? try getting fault readout...

sorry read the rest of your post now. im still suprised your MAF not working is causing this, if i unplug my MAF i can rev the tits off it stilll.... odd lol

another quick question, will i have to replace the throttlebody or is it possible to repalce just the afm? Haven't had a look at it yet as its not a home so wan to be prepared when i get to it lol.

It does sound like the MAF. Quick way to check is to unplug the MAF (ok, it will idle like crap but should redline easy enough). If it runs better with the MAF unplugged, thats your culprit. If it's the same / no change, then it coul be the lambda. I don't know much about the Micra's MAF, but you can normally clean them with isopopyl (I think thats what it's called) spray... basically, the stuff for cleaning cd lens available as a spray... it must be something that evaporates and leaves no residue.

Definately will NOT be the lambda sensor. My money is on the MAF its the most important sensor on the car, it could even be the ECU has died.

Thans for the reponse guys, But it turned out to be a bad earth. The MAF was good but I still opened it up and soldered it etc just cus ti was off the car anyway.

Car is super good now.

thanks again guys.

Back