Bigggg problem

Joel1993

My car is blue... not PURPLE
Right.. So i have wired a new rev counter into my facelift 1.0l. The only problem is... The signal wire has completely destroyed the car... Looked at haynes manual... Saw what wire i had to splice... Did that... Went to plug dials back in and heard a frazle sound... Nothin really works... The clock shows up but doesnt change... The buttons on the dials dont work... Fuel gauge doesnt work... Temp gauge doesnt work and also cd player no longer has power.... Any help here i would be highly grateful for...

Right.. So i have wired a new rev counter into my facelift 1.0l. The only problem is... The signal wire has completely destroyed the car... Looked at haynes manual... Saw what wire i had to splice... Did that... Went to plug dials back in and heard a frazle sound... Nothin really works... The clock shows up but doesnt change... The buttons on the dials dont work... Fuel gauge doesnt work... Temp gauge doesnt work and also cd player no longer has power.... Any help here i would be highly grateful for...

Have you checked the cluster fuse?

checked all fuses in the fuse box inside the car but unsure where the fuse box is in the engine bay

right checked all fuses on the car and no problem what so ever... so what does that mean... a big problem me thinks :(

can someone please tell me the possibility that i have fried the motherboard on the dial set please?

you could give the cluster a good sniff to check for any burning smells or any other signs on the cluster. Seems only cluster related to me :/

you could give the cluster a good sniff to check for any burning smells or any other signs on the cluster. Seems only cluster related to me :/
given the cluster a good.... ahem... Sniff. It doesnt smell like burning or anything like that... could it be a relay... just because the cluster doesnt work but also my CD player doesnt work now either :(

Take it to a motor electrics guy for a diagnostic. The radio on my missus's first micra did not work for probably two years !!
In the end had a leccy guy have a look ( Mobile one) 30 mins later and £15 hey ho!! fixed. One bloody wire in the wrong place - done by the kids who had it before me, wiring up some humongus speakers in the back - now removed, hearings bad enough without a nuclear explosion of sound in the back.

Hahaha sounds about right with the big speakers haha.... Well thing is mate... The cd player did work... Now it doesnt and yes i will take it to an electrition... Thankyou for the advice dude... Never thought of it haha

Back