K11 Clocks

M

Monkey

I want to have a rev counter on my K11, ive got the digital trip and clock on my dials with the fuel on the left and the temp on the right.

if found a K11 with the dash with rev counter:grinning: but it has the old style counter for the trip and i couldnt see the (time) clock

will it drop straight in and work or do i have ot get my soldering iron out?

You hae a post 2000 model don't you?
If so, then your speedo drive is electric and the one in the new dials will be mechanical, I am not sure if you can swap the speedo over and do a bit of wiring, I would hvae thought so, but it is likely to be a fair amount of work, could you get pictures up of the front+back of your dials?
You will have to rewire at least the temp sensor.

you really need some gauges with a rev counter and digital time/miles & electric speedo drive. trying to find them is like finding a winning lottery ticket so good luck :S

Ah, it is all one piece, that is a pain in the [swear filter evasion is big and it is clever], don't suppose you could get some pics of the back of it up?

Pictures of the speedo cluster as promised!

If you have an up to date haynes or know anything about these id really apprecaite if u could tell me which pins are:

Rear fog light light
Front fog light light
ABS light

oh and i dont know if this infos of any use but rev pin is 19.

Right, Renault changed pretty much everything then, any chance you could take the back panel of it (is it even possible?) and take a pic of the rear of the dials?
Cheers

its possible, and i done it before on my old set, and thats basically why they are now in the bin.. so id rather not try again :(

also these clocks were brought in 1998, which i thought was before renault had anything to do with it.

Hmm, I could have sworn that when I was playing around with face-lifts in the scrappy it was all the same, my mistake :)

Basically, the dials are not swap-overable without an insane amount of work, lame.

rlees85 said:
Pictures of the speedo cluster as promised!

If you have an up to date haynes or know anything about these id really apprecaite if u could tell me which pins are:

Rear fog light light
Front fog light light
ABS light

oh and i dont know if this infos of any use but rev pin is 19.

Easy Peasy.

Get a Multi Meter and put it on the continuity test setting.

put one probe on the contact for the bulb you want ot find the pin for (on the circuit board) and go along the pins on the back of the clock untill you get a number like 0.02. this means that that pin is connected to that bulb.

you may find that there is a common earth so 3 bulbs may go to the same pin for the earth and then 3 other pins for the positive. or it could be common earth being a negative circuit.

Craig said:
Basically, the dials are not swap-overable without an insane amount of work, lame.

Well rlees8's dials have a rev counter so i could rob his:wasntme: or try and fine some in a scrappy (winning lottery ticket will be found in the same car)

or as i though it will be alot of work to fit standard dials so if im putting that much work why not do something special and go digital

craig: the dials are definatly not interchangeable, its all one big unit! gay i know. i found my dials on ebay, took 6 months of looking and ive never ever seen another set come up :(

monkey: i thought the same about the multimeter/voltmeter but i dont have one, and neither has anyone i know... ######!

rlees85 said:
craig: the dials are definatly not interchangeable, its all one big unit! gay i know. i found my dials on ebay, took 6 months of looking and ive never ever seen another set come up :(

monkey: i thought the same about the multimeter/voltmeter but i dont have one, and neither has anyone i know... ######!

only like £5 from maplin...

Back