Bigger brakes on 1.4/1.3?

Just wondering if the brakes on the bigger capacity engines are larger? I've heard from someone that they where but I though they where the same?
Any help is good

frank

Club Member
Would you need different calipers for those disks then?
I'm thinking I'll just keep the original brakes and get them reconditioned
i would have thought that the vented calipers were wider personally, but 1 member said last year that they were the same, i asked for pics or measurements but the thread died with no feedback iirc

Used to go through a set of pads every event with solid disks.
Changed to vented and we have had the same pads for 5-6 events no problem and there's no brake fade towards the end of the stage so...
Get some if you can :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go for Almera brakes, that's what I meant not 100nx haha, we were going to get those though!

Thats what i have fully sandblasted. Painted and rebuilt with new rubber seals... Just waiting for a set of vented discs, braided brake hoses and performance pads... And sorted!!!

I also have a sex of 100nx calipers fully rebuild somewhere in me garage i may need to sell at some point etc!!

J

Thats what i have fully sandblasted. Painted and rebuilt with new rubber seals... Just waiting for a set of vented discs, braided brake hoses and performance pads... And sorted!!!

I also have a sex of 100nx calipers fully rebuild somewhere in me garage i may need to sell at some point etc!!

J
The first set did one corner and then....

High temp paint didn't last long :/ haha

The first set did one corner and then....

High temp paint didn't last long :/ haha

Oooh daaamn, i used hammerite red, they take heat well and long lasting as ive used it before, highbtemp paints in my opinion are rubbish, theybstart flaking off...

J

The almera brakes i have are bigger than my Nx100 calipers i have in me garage. There different in sizes from what i can see. But both calipers do need washers to space them central on the discs!!!

Ill have to dig out the NX100 calipers and put em up for sale......

J

The almera brakes i have are bigger than my Nx100 calipers i have in me garage. There different in sizes from what i can see. But both calipers do need washers to space them central on the discs!!!

J
Thanks pm I'll take them

J
what are the stopping power 150 bhp on the Almera ones ? also what types of washers do they need to fit