bigger battery

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
hey all

I'm currently using the standard battery in my pre-face list K11 (well duh lol) and i need to upgrade due to a big ICE install being done soon.

What recommendations do you have that will fit my K11

many thanks

a yellow top Optima wouldnt go a miss! Unfortunately it was hard for me to get the correct size so I went for a large size and put it in the boot.

they would have to be wired in parallel to keep it 12v, and it would put a lot of strain on the alternator i should think.

so a battery in the rear is a no no.My mate put a 2.0L granada scorpio battery in his facelift K11 and seemed to work fine.

What specific batteries from cars would work alright in my K11?

for a rough idea on what your standard battery can handle mine runs a 1600w amp and a 600w amp with no bother although it is a new standard battery, so what you got planned for the bootbuild.

i'd like to think your standard battery will do you fine, its really only powering your amps because your amps power your subs and componets, a few footwell neons won't make much difference either. mine has been running grand for a year and its putting out 144db's on it also.

Yeah as above, forget the subs

I have a 1100W RMS amp and 2x 250W RMS amps, along with a 90W + 10W car puter, a PDA Sat nav whatever power that runs. An IP Bus, a CD Changer and a Headunit, + normal electrics on top

Standard battery for that lot :)

oh right cool,i'm running half of that at the moment (2x 12",2x 300W amps,head unit and neons) and my dad keeps going on about how my battery is gonna drain quick blah blah blah.Should i take no notice of him and not keep worryin about getting a bigger battery

Well, it will drain quicker than if it wasn't all in the car so he's right to a point! but usually your only using all that when your driving, so no real worry of it draining down if the alternator's charging it up.

^true.. if you dont crank the system up too much and drive e.g. at least an hour a week it should stay more or less 70%+ IMH-UP-O

If you are that worried do what i'm going to do: get a bigger battery tray out of another car, get some new gold plated battery terminals and drop a battery recommended for a large engined car in.

Back