Handling [split]

O

ohc_turbo

handeling

dont want to start a war but what do you think is the better handling car K10 or K11.

i havent compared them myself but whats got the longer wheel base/track.

how thick are the anti roll bars on both modles, does the k10 have one on the rear?

the K10 looks larger for some reason but the K11 looks more top heavy but smaller.

how much do both of them weigh (curb weight?) think i read that the K10 was around 700kg

comments please

ive had both of these cars, just a 1.0l K10 but both 1.0 and 1.3 K11. The 1.3 K11 easily outhandles any K10 imo.... especially once handling mods are inplace, a K10 can't really get uprated shocks etc and cirtainly no whiteline kit.

I've been in James's K11 and Hes been in my K10 and he agreed mine was better. Its got Boge shocks, Strut brace, wider tyres and its on lowered springs. As standard they're a bit like an ice skate but with the above mods, theyre solid!!

However Arnold, I've been in Daves (Low Rider) K11 Super S and it is just unrivalled on the corners, not one bit of roll or lean, the Whiteline stuff is amazing! I can't easily describe how flat it sits on the corners!

So its not really the case of which car is better, the k10 or the k11, its just the parts you can buy for it! The only true comparison is both cars as standard.

what diffrent on a 1.3 K11 and a 1.0? does it have larger ARB's as standard.

its probably true to say the aftermarket support for the k10 is not good comparing to the K11 but as arnold said youve got to compare them as standard cars ie 1.2 K10 to a 1.3 K11

it would be good to know how much they actually changed the chassis and what improvements they did make. i havent looked at both car only breifly look at my dads k11 1.0, i would say the rear suspention setup is diffrent on the cars. are the k10-k11 independent all round?

All early 1.0 K11s don't have a rear anti-roll bar at all, I'm not sure if the 1.3 K11 has any other parts different, someone else may be able to answer that for me... :)

What differences have you noticed? I'm interested to find out. Bear in mind we're currently referring to a standard K10 vs a standard K11, no suspension/wheel mods etc...

James said:
Bear in mind we're currently referring to a standard K10 vs a standard K11, no suspension/wheel mods etc...

Interested to know too. We know the k11 is better with the whiteline stuff, as mentioned above, but i cant remember how my k10 handled as stock (lots of understeer i think)

K11 - no contest.

I've got coilovers, and don't get one bit of bodyroll on it. Also adjustable dampers, so they do the trick :)

But deff the K11 - standard.

standard k10's just lean.....alot. Very easy to get tyre squeal just going round a roundabout at 20ish mph.

However ive never driven a early k11 so couldnt say, but the k11's with antiroll bars make alot of difference.

Titch said:
K11 - no contest.

I've got coilovers, and don't get one bit of bodyroll on it. Also adjustable dampers, so they do the trick :)

But deff the K11 - standard.

youre k11 would beat my 200sx hands down round a roundabout if its got coilovers

i bet you any money though a k10 or k11 with lowering springs would beat my 200sx round a roundabout but i suppose it is designed to go sideways

there is one man in austrialia who had a micra, then a 200sx and didnt find it as good as his micra in the handling department, so he bought another. He know owns the fastest micra down there, having 186bhp @ wheels ;D

ye your on about cisco, it wasnt just the handleing that made him buy his micra again, but that was a large factor, goes without saying that a smaller car on coilovers would be better handleing that a large car thats standard

k11 ARE much better than k10 as standard.

This is purey down to the fact that they have the anti roll bar/anti sway etc

The k11 has also got alot more available, so even under modification the k11 would be the better.

ThOUGH.. NOTHING beats a k10. it not about just how it leans or doesnt etc. the whole drive. The boxy hothotch feel makes every corner feel better, Than in the girly rounder shaped bubble.
The box shape makes it feel more rigid.

:)

The K11 shell is stiffer than the K10 one, but without out the roll bars I would say that they are pretty similar really

has anyone offered up a k11 rear arb to a k10?

i might have to get the tape measure out when i get my k10

im gonna have to go against the grain.

in STANDARD form, a k10 has a harder more positive ride as K11s on standard springs are like sailin the 7 seas, and i know as me mums got a 1.0 K11 bog standard, but on spax lowering springs i cant fault my K11 one bit.

Back