best universal filter/induction kit

I have a K&N induction kit made for the Micra.

The sound of it is so good. James will tell you.

There's no performance increase...well not that I noticed anyway. But the sound was well worth it!!!

yeah ive been looking at them, but the cheapest i found for my 2001 model was something like 65 quid! from that potn.com website. is there anywhere cheaper? what about those 'race x' ones?

i paid £20 for mine from a car show! £20 is about the lowest you can get one. mine sits on the tb like the k&n but doesnt have a breather pipe. but you can buy breather filters for £5, breather filters arn't that important tho. all filters do the same job if you want power go for a panel replacement filter (like the standrad one in a box) and if you want noise go for one like mine. i did have a small prob with mine tho.....the top sponge fell off :p
heres a pic, you can slightly see the breather next to the standrad air feed pipe.

hope this helps a little.

Attachments

• SP_A0885.jpg
    SP_A0885.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 330
Evo sport carbon cansister with aluuminum 90 degree bend pipe off throttle body and induction hose from canister to frnt bumper!

noisy and slight pwer increase cus its forced induction!

my kit cost me 80quid

yearh but they're like around £100!

not if you can compromise on brand loyalty like i did..

i baught a ripspeed mushroom filter for £36, (egherm £24 with me discount) and its imported from a small japanese company called Autobacs..... who have it made by HKS.....

its amaizing what you can find if you shop arround hey..lol (theyre about 4 ft away in front of my desk at work..lol)

Back