Best place to get APEX'i Power Intake panel filter for K11

CMF_LonePhantom

» CMF Member
Just wondering if anyone has bought the APEX'i Power Intake panel filter for their K11 Micra, and where you sourced it from, price etc.

The APEX'i filters seem to have the best flow with their pod filters, so I'd be guessing that their panel filters would be bloody good too seeing as they use the same filter design.

smidge

» CMF Member
not an area you are going to make huge gains in to be honest, i'd be freeing up the intake path BEFORE the filter rather than worrying about the filter itself

paper filters are cheap and not a huge restriction to the intake

the pod filter that came on my micra (i dont have a stock airbox) makes a hell of alot of nois which is fine if thats what you're after but wouldn't do a great deal for performance without a matching free flowing exhaust and fuel delivery mods to suit...

CMF_LonePhantom

» CMF Member
I'm aware of that, i was going to pick up a second air box to do some modifications to to start off. I know that air filters are not going to give great gains, but I did want to get a quality panel filter that had excellent flow to help overall when other work is completed.

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
frank.. is that a direct fit?? looks much bigger box but the induction pipe is the same size.. maybe a larger diameter induction pipe on the primera box would work sick!!

might have to try it!! is it a stock primera filter??

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
tris

i think 3 post,s went awol ??
it fits the t/b ok but i had to cut a couple of inches off the curved pipe (note the black tape)
the o/d near the airbox is 63mm, compared to 50mm, and the o/d near the bell-end is 55mm compared to 45mm
yeh, thats the filter it came with

frank

Attachments

• 37300.jpg
    37300.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 35
Back