Best Place to Get Tyres for a K12 Sport+

Tchaaa

Buy & Sell Member
So I got the tracking and balancing done on my wheels yesterday, which was long overdue as I was sure it was going to kill me otherwise, it was pretty badly out after I slammed a badger with the driver's side one.

Whilst I was there (STS Tyre Pro's, would really recommend them!) they said my offside tyres would both need replacing soon as they're showing quite a bit of wear.

I've been having a look around and it's really hard to find the type of tyre that fit the Sport+ rims properly, (185/50/R16's) I was wondering where people on here get their tyres from. I know I could get the tyre place to order me some in, they even offered to whilst I was there and said they where quite a rare size of tyre, but I'm just looking around to try and see how much it's going to cost me.

I'd quite like Continentals to match what I already have preferably, and they seem even harder to find than just tyres that are the right size.

I'll second your recommendation of STS Tyre Pros (previously Stapletons). They fit my winter tyres (175/65 15s)yesterday at £76 a piece for continentals. That's after "Discount Tyres" told me I'd never find a winter tyre near £70, except online. They're also fitting my girlfriend's today (185/60 15s) for £70 a corner on Dunlop Winter Response.

Considering that blackcircles and camskills at the time had similar tyres at £69, the cost of delivery then fitting is prohibitive.

If you like STS, and they can give you a reasonable price I'd say use them, and help them stay in business. The lads at Hemel are decent, professional sorts, so I'd certainly like to help them stay in a job.

Incidentally, if you do order your tyres online, it is STS's policy NOT to fit them, so you'd have to go elsewhere for that - I've been quoted anywhere from £15 to £20 a wheel for fitting.