Best MOT advisory ever

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
I've removed my rear seats and seatbelts and fitted a proper spare wheel. It's a piece of 18mm plywood covered in felt approx. 39"x44". The wheel holder is a postcard sized piece of quarter inch plate with two lengths of M12 threaded rod welded on. This is screwed to the plywood and the plywood is bolted to the car through two of the seatbolt holes. The wheel is held down by two M12 stainless wingnuts off eBay:

wheel.png

wingnuts.png

The advisory said 'No rear seats or seatbelts :laugh:. The weight reduction is amazing, even with the plywood and wheel you can feel the car is faster!

K11s are cool Stani, they have a proper spare. Those noddy space saver wheels are a joke grr.

Yeah, got it off eBay. There's a big flat spot on the inside but they fitted the tyre without mentioning it and it drives perfectly :).

On the MOT computer there is a box to enter advisories not listed.
In the garage I worked at at the time they introduced MOT computerisation I brought an Astra in for an MOT. There was a couple of pounds of change on the drivers seat, as if it had fallen out the customers pocket. Being considerate and keeping the customer informed I printed...
'Change found on O/S/F seat. Advise drivers pockets faulty.' :laugh:
Neither my boss or the customer were impressed!:(

Isn't there something about needing to prove windscreen wash jets work... Even if the car being tested has no windscreen fitted? Lol

But that is awesome on the faulty pocket, I'd have asked for a quote on a zip being fitted by the garage! ;)

Pepper

Back