Beginner Micra Infos

Hey Guys, my name is Timo and I live in NI and don't own a Micra (yet)

I like the idea of getting a Micra as a project car, I can casually work on it and build it up.
So my question is, what Micra to get and what's the *cheapest* way to make one fast(er) .
I just like the idea of my second car to have a Micra sleeper what surprises people. It doesn't have to be crazy fast im past that age, but it should go once throttle is pushed down. I can work on cars pretty ok, but I don't have any special tools or space to do some crazy work so keep that in mind.
Sorry for the long post.

Morning.
i don't know what prices are like over there but I would say k11 as there are stacks of parts available
I would say the basics are air filter exhaust 1.3 cams if you get a 1.0 engined car

It all depends on budget really.
You could go turbo or supercharged route
Turbo can be done cheaply from what I've seen with scrap yard parts

I got the gizfab supercharger kit and on a 1.0 it's more bonkers than I thought it would be I've fitted 1.3 cams and it goes nuts after 4k (really should get it dynoed)

But even without boost the 1.3 is great fun when they are tinkered with

I don't know if as much is available for the k12

Sent from my SM-F926B using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Thanks Chie.
Gives me a lot of information I was looking for, not too many K11 available but there is a few. It seems like a good engine to work on (someone without mechanical background) I'm Handy with a socket set and I'm doing all the stuff on my A4 B6 to keep it running and passing mot so I should be fine, with a few guides and some guidance lol

Many thanks.

Welcome to the forum!
Keep us updated with your progress.
A few breathing modifications on a 1.3 can really wake them up and surprise a few people!

Back