Battery relocation

pork

Club Member
Wanna move battery to the boot, couple of reasons,

running out of major things to make, and jus thinking of tidying up engine bay lol

What's needed, what's issues will be encountered

Need tray or box to put it in. You'll need thick cable and that's about it :)

I took my terminal off my old one. And joined it to the thick cable. Leaving the fuses in place. I boxed it all too to protect it from water.
Run cable back
Make new earth
Bolt battery down
Job done :)

Behind the passenger seat is better (less cable, no boot space) :)

I have no back seats, nothing lol all stripped out, who needs passengers, besides no one dares come in the car!!

Was thinking of moving most things possible to the back, gotta help distribute the weight a bit better

I have no back seats, nothing lol all stripped out, who needs passengers, besides no one dares come in the car!!

Was thinking of moving most things possible to the back, gotta help distribute the weight a bit better
Same here :/ and my car is super safe... me too but meh I dont mind enjoying it by myself :D

Wherever you decide to put it... keep it on the passenger side :)
I couldn't put it in the back so it went behind me (co-driver is my battery weight heavier than me.. funny how things work out)

Isolator/Kill switch :)
1384892831480.jpg

Nice,

So if I put battery in back, just earth it wherever, earth starter to same place, job done...?

Can be :)... I had this discussion a while baxk.
I had a 60/80amp inline fuse...it was ok. Turns out I had a poor connection and a potential fire hazard

Back