Battery Relocation

I know its probably been covered a million times before but just looking for some fresh opinions on where to relocate the battery to and what precautions will I need to undertake before doing it. Last thing I want is for it to short out or worse :s
I did see this post when looking and seems like a nice option but not sure on where to put it.
Easiest thing to do is go to the scrap yard and rip the BMW battery kit out, it will be cheaper than buying the correct gauge cable and you'll have a nifty under bonnet jump point like BMWs have!
I've made my own rear mount battery kit for my 200sx easy to do just the proper stuff ie wires, short protecters fuses etc works out expensive, wish I'd have just bought a BMW one like my mate did for a fiver
Would have asked there but didn't want to revive a thread from the dead. :)

I was always about scared of putting it under the seat incase of leakage, never crossed my mind to use a dry cell battery. Ill look into costs and possibly steal your idea :D

also I think wet cell batteries needed to be vented outside cos they produce hydrogen during charging, which is bad for an enclosed cabin, hence chose drycell.

a guide I read
http://www.autospeed.com/cms/article.html?&A=110776

I should've also fitted an isolator but cba buying & fitting the circuit breaker :p

£150 for battery, few quid for welders copper cable and some spare central heating pipes n sheet metal round the house

I'd imagine they do need to be vented, having chemicals in your car is very rarely a good thing to advise :p

I ll give that guide a read tonight when I get home from work :p
Thats not too far above what I was expecting it to cost :)

Back