Basic Tuning Advice Please

Hi Guys,
Just bought my k11 1.4 S a few weeks ago and my plans are to (sell my boat first) to fund a small rally looking project.
Im on the lookout for a set of, preferably white, revolution alloy wheels, basic 5 spoke standard rally wheel. either 14 or 15" if anybody is selling any?
I also want to install a cold air induction kit and im just after advice for brands or particular set ups..like panel filter in the box or cone without the box.
I've read keeping your air cold in the panel box is better for fuel economy??
Cheers in advance
Rich

Should have searched previous posts more before posting my own and then finding the answers. Heat shields are the answer to keep the cone out of the box but still keep air cold.

A lot of people use the nissan primera or almera airbox with a pipercross foam filter. Seems to give best results. Also check out ebbdudes maximicra and micromicra projects. Good info there. Get some pics up. Cold air supposedly makes more power and gives better economy because cold air is denser and contains more oxygen, but its hard to get good figures without a proper tune although most peoples buttdynos swear it works haha

Deffo correct, cold air is denser, all engines go better in winter.
Cone filters are excellent, easy fit, and DO make a difference.
I've just fitted a piper/cross into mine, that's to the standard airbox, very good, without having to faf around.

Back