Ball Joint advice.

Hello all.
I am new to this forum so hello and happy Christmas to everybody from a very snowed under Wexford in Ireland.Anyway,my question is this,...Whats involved in the fitting of a new ball joint on a 1991 K10 micra? ..I have taken off the suspension arm and removed the old ball joint with great difficulty but the new one looks like it just pushes into the suspension arm with no obvious way of being held in permanently apart from the tightness of the splines.I would have thought that there would be some sort of locking mechanism/collar underneath the suspension arm.Any help will be appreciated.Thanks.

hi wexman :grinning: if they,re like the k11 ones, they,re just a press-fit, and most people change the whole arm tbh

The complete suspension arm is almost twice the price of the ball joint here.I think I will just fit this for now as I need to get it thru our mot equivelent.Only this failure first time round which is not bad considering the car was layed up for 5 years until recently!!I think I have meself a little ongoing project:suspect:

how much are the ball joints there? when i looked i seem to remember (it was about 2 and a half years ago) the arms were about £15 and the ball joints were about £10,

A company in Dublin has the parts listed @76 euros for the complete suspension arm and just under 40 euros for the ball joint.I suppose about 60 and 30 quid.
Not cheap!!

Probably a supply and demand thing.Not that many 20 year old micras running around here.Anyway,this one is in great nick so is worth the expense.

Back