Ball joint gaiter wanted for1999 (V reg) 1 litre GX.

Hi, all. I've just registered on this forum and hope someone will be able to help with the following query.

The rubber boot or gaiter is split on the n/s/f lower suspension ball joint and I need to replace it to comply with MoT regs. However, I'm told that new gaiters are not available to buy separately, and the ball joint is not a separate item for post '98 cars and I will have to buy a complete lower arm with integral ball joint.

As there is no wear in this ball joint I don't want the expense & hassle of changing the lower suspension arm. So, can anyone help with a good secondhand undamaged ball joint gaiter which will see me through?

Many thanks.

Thanks for the replies so far. Frank is right. I do NOT need a CV joint gaiter, but a lower ball joint rubber seal, Any more offers of help will be much appreciated.

Sorry didn't read it properly lol, yeah what frank said (Y), also complete ball joints are around a tenner on ebay says they are for upto 02 reg

pop'd in euro's today £125 .00 for 1 wishbone
so pressing out the worn out ball joints the best bet? to replace

Thanks for your replies. According to reliable professional sources, the ball joints for Micras up to 1998 were replaceable by pressing them out (and in), but post '98 cars need to have the lower suspension arm complete with ball joint (and bushes at the opposite end) replaced. This is because the ball joint is made integral with the arm and the surrounding metal is rolled over to prevent the ball joint from being pressed out.

I've not seen either pre- or post '98 lower arms new, so I can't comment on the accuracy of the above statement. Can anyone add to these comments?

Meanwhile, I'm still looking for a good secondhand rubber seal off a used ball joint.

Thanks for your replies. According to reliable professional sources, the ball joints for Micras up to 1998 were replaceable by pressing them out (and in), but post '98 cars need to have the lower suspension arm complete with ball joint (and bushes at the opposite end) replaced. This is because the ball joint is made integral with the arm and the surrounding metal is rolled over to prevent the ball joint from being pressed out.

I've not seen either pre- or post '98 lower arms new, so I can't comment on the accuracy of the above statement. Can anyone add to these comments?

Meanwhile, I'm still looking for a good secondhand rubber seal off a used ball joint.

sounds legit to me, i,ve bashed some pre-facelift ones out before, damn tight fit they were :eek:

Complete lower wishbones on ebay for Micra K11 93-02, £25 free post, and theres some for £45 the pair. think i'd give euros a miss lol.

Back