Worn ball joint

Hello to All !!

I just check all the suspension system because the knock knock on the bumpers drives me crazy !!

I ve notice that both left and rights Ball joint are worn. (see Picture) In fact is almost metal to metal.
I guess i found the problem.
My question is ... Is better to change all the lower control arm? or to change only the ball joint ?
Is it worthing it to pay the extra money for complete control arm ?

Thanks

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    270.2 KB · Views: 356
Thanks Agent Smith. I will replace the whole arm. That was my first thought.

the rack rod ends looks in good condition but probably i will change those also.

Thanks again

I'd replace the whole arm. Also check your track rod ends, as these also cause the knocking sound when worn.
Agent Smith

i Just find out the prices

From Nissan Dealer is 158 euro each arm. (they sell only complete arm) Total 316 euro

From Parts dealer (Etex parts cy ) the prices are

22 euro x 2 ball join = 44 euro
65 euro x 2 complete arm = 130 euro

For sure we forgot Nissan dealer.. :)

The dealer said me that if the arm is not bent from crash or something i cant change the ball join in the result will be the same !!

Agent Smith

Do you suggest to change the control arms in order to get the 2 new buses that comes with it for each control arm ?
Or i will do my job with 2 new ball joint ?

Thanks

Agent Smith

Do you suggest to change the control arms in order to get the 2 new buses that comes with it for each control arm ?
Or i will do my job with 2 new ball joint ?

Thanks
Change the whole control arm. You'll have the peace of mind of nice new rubber bushes and new ball joints. Not worth fannying around trying to change just one or the other!

Back