Bad vibration through steering wheel

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
At about 70MPH my steering wheel starts shaking really badly, is this down to tracking? or is it sommat worse? How much does it cost to get tracking sorted these days? And will I have to get it done again if I lower the car?
Thanks

Most likely your tracking, which needs to be evened out to cure that abrupt shaking. Its a normal thing on old cars and I would imagine you'd pay 20-30 GBP. That's how much it had cost on my mother's Hyundai.

At about 70MPH my steering wheel starts shaking really badly, is this down to tracking? or is it sommat worse? How much does it cost to get tracking sorted these days? And will I have to get it done again if I lower the car?
Thanks

it,s wheel balance olly, you could try the rear wheels on instead, and the tracking will alter slightly when you lower it :)
what mods you got planned btw ?

Thanks, I'll put my rims off my K10 on it, they're balanced.

I can't do anything to my car this year, insurance is still too high, I have a 3 point harness that I've declared, I'm gunna drop it 45mm, fit a strut brace and maybe some of those round rear lights. I'm getting a consult cable and software through soon so I can alter timing etc.

One or more of the weights might have flown off. Hit a pot hole etc. It's happened to loads of people

its will b wheel balance.. if ur tyres isscrubbin on inside orout side edge then gettin tacking done we charge 25 pound 4 tracking were i work..

i usually jack one corner up and run it up to 50mph to see which one is out of balance, then balance it up on a spare r/hub (no expense spared lol :p)

Back