Bad Rev Issue + Live Diagnostic Tools

Hi guys, My 55 plate 1.2 Micra petrol has a really dodgy acceleration problem. Sometimes the throttle does not pick up and it will then eventually pick up while having your foot idle on it ( I tackle this issue by flooring it and it finally detects and picks up) this also makes the car jump a lot when at an static speed. The engine is also very bad at idle when cold (it acts fine for a few seconds then starts to die out).

I have one error code (P0132) which was the Lambda sensor reading high which suggests rich fuel, I replaced the sensor and wiped the code and the reading came back.

I have done quite a lot of research and firstly though it was a blocked EGR valve which suggest poor idle and bad acceleration, but after looking at my car I don't believe I have an EGR valve.

Any suggestions?

On another note I would like to get a reader that I can plug into my laptop to get live values from the engine, I have looked around a lot and became really confused with what to get (software + cable). I would like a RS232 build as I have heard bad results from USB.

Hello InfernoJaf :grinning:

On another note I would like to get a reader that I can plug into my laptop to get live values from the engine

I have a EM Light problem since a few days ( Code error P0132 ) and have buy a ELM327 USB reader with a french diag soft . The soft can run in english language too (Y)
You can find the demo version HERE it's cheap for a full version ( 15 € )

I'm not an expert for diag soft and reader, but I install it very easy on my laptop and the connectin to my Micra 1.2i 2006 was easy too. I find it's a lot of information with this soft and I will believe that the team who develop it will bring more fonctions for the next version.

I hope this information can help you :grinning:

Regards from France :k12red:

out of interest which o2/lambda sensor did you change as i know on my 1.2 k12 there are two sensors one on the manifold and one after the cat in the downpipe / frontpipe

Back