K11 Diagnostic Tool Recommendations?

Hi Guys,
I have a 1993 K11 1.0 which is giving me both joy and tears but I love working on it as long as I can keep it going. I've been thinking about getting one of those code reading diagnostic thingys but it's a bit of a minefield. There are literally dozens of different versions on ebay so I'm hoping some of you fine people can recommend a good quality one that would serve my purposes?
I see most of the prices are in the mid 20's which is fine even with the shipping to me here in the Netherlands and it's still cheaper than bringing it to some of the cowboy mechanics around here, plus I can use it again in the future :)

Ta,

Alan

or an obd1 14 pin adapter

$(KGrHqV,!ncFH2OtpYNSBSDYrOr10g--60_35.JPG

Hmmm, thanks guys... So correct me if I'm wrong.. Am I right in assuming that I could use something like this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/U581-CAN-...334304?hash=item5b1e5b75a0:g:Tm0AAOSwCQNWgRav

with an obd 2 to obd1 adapter and it would work?
Connecting the reader up to a computer would be a royal pain in the backside (I have a pc on the other side of the house and my old laptop crashed and burned!) so one of these self contained jobs is right up my alley..

Back