back to a new problem. anyone any ideas plz!

Hi well anyway I had alot of help on my dads Toyota Carina E GTi on lpg and i had alot of help from frank (thanks alot mate).
anyway now there's a new problem.

ENGINE MISFIRES
just recently i replaced the head gasket with a friend. i lost one of the leads not to long ago so couldnt really start the car to see how it runs. anyway today i finally bought the missing ignition lead from toyota. we started the car but it seems to misfire. before starting the car i changed the spark plugs, oil, oil filter etc. the engine firing sequence is meant to be 1-3-4-2 (piston number from left to right). if im wrong please correct me as i am abit of a nut lol. i attached the leads in this way but the car wouldnt start at all. i mean i used the numbers on the dizzy cap ( 1-4 ) but i could hear pops and it wouldnt start. in the end i attached the leads literally from 1 to 4. as in i numbered the pistons 1,2,3,4 from left to right and attached it to the dizzy numbers in dis way. but it misfires and alot of smoke comes out of the exhaust which smells like petrol to. does anyone know what could be the case here. is it that one of the pistons doesnt have enough compression or is it something else. all opinion would be most appreciated. cheers,

frank i've been told that, the car won't start if the timing ain't right?
but then again i do have doubts because alot of people have said the timing ain't right so im abit confused! :S
But why is there white smoke frank?

right thanks alot frank. seriously
first thing tomorrow im going to definetly check the timing belt and get my friends dad to do it he's an Mechanic and this time make sure its PERFECT! :) frank i was depressed until you just told me that!!! :) cheers

Frank just today we realised that all the pistons are really oily upset piston 3.
and there seemed to be a leak in the headgasket! what can be the problem?

frank thats what we did... took everything off again. took the complete head off and realised that the headgasket has a leak and the colour is orangey. but b4 we took it everything off we started the car and it the tempreture was normal ( half way the needle went) so it didnt over heat!
What do you think it is Frank?
This time were gonna get the head skimmed.
Btw Frank before when we had the car started we switched it to LPG and that didn't work! like it should switch off coz there's gas left and it didn't do anything it stayed on! need serious help now m8

Back