Audio Connections (JVC, ISO, etc)

M

MichaelD

The first link/lead is fine, and what you need.

However, what you need now is the cable that goes from the JVC standard to the ISO standard. You then plug your Ebay lead into this ISO block, then into your Micra wiring loom.

So either source a JVC connector block on Ebay, or contact JVC themselves.
And no, that link you posted will not work.

Sorry, maybe I didnt make myself clear. I've already purchased the JVC cd player AND the nissan to ISO lead. All i need now is some way of connecting the JVC player to the ISO lead I bought. :/

i got a JVC in both my cars, and they both have a standard ISO connector on the headunit. plug the JVC loom into the headunit, the other end plugs into the new ISO lead you got, then plug that into your nissan stereo connector, and should be fine.

**edit** i just saw the head unit has no leads, im sure you can get a set of leads for it. contact JVC or speak to a jvc car hifi dealer.

**EDIT AGAIN** looking at the pic of the back of the CD player, the ISO plug you bought with fit straight into the back of the stereo, so plug that into the back of the stereo, and the other end direct into you car. sometimes you have to swap the red and yellows wires round if it dont hold memory

wiring.jpg

red_devil said:
i got a JVC in both my cars, and they both have a standard ISO connector on the headunit. plug the JVC loom into the headunit, the other end plugs into the new ISO lead you got, then plug that into your nissan stereo connector, and should be fine.

**edit** i just saw the head unit has no leads, im sure you can get a set of leads for it. contact JVC or speak to a jvc car hifi dealer.

**EDIT AGAIN** looking at the pic of the back of the CD player, the ISO plug you bought with fit straight into the back of the stereo, so plug that into the back of the stereo, and the other end direct into you car. sometimes you have to swap the red and yellows wires round if it dont hold memory

Thanks - so what you're saying is the unit should take the ISO lead directly, without a need for a JVC to ISO? Thanks a load for your help man - i guess we'll just have to wait until i recieve it before being 100% sure - but i'll let you know how I get on :)

All the best,

Michael

Anyone got a set of JVC release keys that they don't need / use? Or does anyone just use a PC blanking plate from the back? Looks like it might fit! Any input welcomed!

You did make yourself clear, you need to read my post again! You are missing a lead for the JVC headunit.

You need a Nissan ISO adapter, then you connect this ISO (female) to a male ISO to JVC (will be custom depending on manufacturer) cable, i.e. 2 sets of cables.

You seem to be missing the second half of this.

Edit: Having read the other post and looked at the headunit photo, it looks like an ISO 'may' directly fit, but I know that it didnt with my sisters JVC, so just be hopeful!

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough - i was pretty tired. Anyway, I see what you're saying and I'm hoping I wont need a JVC > ISO lead (i've been told a number of times I shouldn't now).

One further question - will I need to buy an arial adapter before fitting the unit? Cheers lads!

Back