audio help

hi just bought this subowoofer with the wiring kit and i installed it and everything but the sub wont produce base. the unit light stays red.
the thing is all grounded and stuff but what i think is the remote wire, i have a pioneer deh 6000ub head unit and whenever i reconnect the wire to remote wire the amp will go green and the sub will work but within 5 seconds the sub will stop working and the light on amp will go green. what coulbe be the problem this is the kit

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=330222663619&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=014

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=330222813763&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=014

i havent installed the capacitor yet didnt know how to, i spend 12 hours doing all this and got stuck, if anyone knows anything let me know asap. plez
thanslk

if the light is red this means it is in protection mode, usually due to bad earth or other connections somewhere iirc so i would check them for starters

connections are all fine and i think the ground is fine too, but will double check. the only thing bothering is that it wik=ll go green for few seconds and then will turn back to red. amp is not faulty or anything is it.

you could try as a temporary test running a live feed to the remote wire on the amp see if it then runs fine, also where have you taken the live feed from and where how have you earthed it?

whats a live feed now sorry new to this it just ma cousin and me were sorting it out and he was doing the most, well the earth is done at the back where you keep spare tyre its on bare metal i think and he used a screw on the metal of the car to screw the wire and then to the amp.

basically

RED wire is going to positive of my battery and then to the far left of the amp which is saying 12v

blue wire is going to the remote wire cable at the head unit. it has three connectors on the same wire. two of them is connected the third one is where the blue was connected. did try all the connections on the wire but does the same thing.

Black or Brown wire was used to earth the the amp to the car which is on the far end of the amp it said ground if i can recall.
did do multiple ways on using the two rca cable or phono cable but again still same.

the remote cable is bit thin and i asked a friend and he said could be that but not to sure.

the remote cable is normally lower gauge anyway, it's just a signal cable to turn it on and off.

How have you got the sub wired? Have you tried bridging the amp? or tried individual channels?

hi how do you bridge the amp and whats indiividual thing are you asking for,

hi i did try the sub if it works and it does just not from the amp. i also connected a differnt amp it was a alpine v12 amp with the same wiring kit and was doing exactly the same thing, the power on amp will go on and then just back to nothing, will check the grounding again and find a different ground place.

hi guess what someone smashed my back window and niked the sub and amp, it was parked right outside my house and i did not even hear a thing. the problem is i did not have an alarm on the car but its ok as it was only £50 but was still a lot, so my question is is there any security alarm on ebay with which thugs cant even get near my car and the siren beeps. something cheap but yet effective plez provide links if possible.
thanks

Thats real unlucky. Someone probably saw you fitting it, unless you've been blaring it outside your house! Loads of cheap alarms on ebay, and i imagine most of them would have shock sensors, and wire into the door switches. My alarm cost £20 and had all that.

woah that is harsh!

you can get sonar alarms that work really well. i fitted one to my bro's car and that worked ok :D ebay is the best place ever :D

well i only had it for one day and i did this on my cousins road but he lived 2 mintues away anyways. i guess someone did but why do this atleast shiuldve gave me a week to listen, neh i didnt even play it cuz i waz scared. but one thing i dont understand they left my 6 x 9 and my head unit but took other stuff, thank god i didnt put my power cap or that wouldve gone too.

are they fairly easy to install as they have some manuals explaining it.

how easy is it to install car alarm ourself or is it better to let the professional do it. w
all i want is shock, tilt and ultrasonic sensor and thats it, i dont need no central locking or remote start. so will it be easy or hard.
thanks

Then you'd save money if a professional did it and your insurance went down right? Although that only applies to thatcham approved alarms which cost a few hundred quid.

Best left to someone good at car electrics though

pager car alarms are great someone hits your car and the keyfob bleeps and vibrates. love mine:love:

central locking kits are cheap, worth having if you have mates that dont lock doors after them.

hi finally recieved my alarm and its fairly a simple one, i just want to put the shock sensor on as i dont have central locking or power windows so just need to fit in shock sensor, this is the one i bought.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=300218634951&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=020

has anyone got step by step instructions on how to put this on like connect to light the siren and shock sensor and how to sort the remote out.
thanks it will be greatful if you provide me step by step guide.

The shock sensor will connect to the main control unit, and the wiring block from that connects to all the car's wiring.

Your best off reading the instructions and following the wiring diagram

It won't have instructions, as the alarm is universal. You need to find the correct wires in the car, to match up with the wiring for the alarm. - This is where professional installers come in, if you don't have the expertise yourself!

What wires do you need to connect up to fit your alarm successfully? For example, my alarm, i had to tap into the brakes, door switches, indicators & ignition system.

It won't have instructions, as the alarm is universal. You need to find the correct wires in the car, to match up with the wiring for the alarm. - This is where professional installers come in, if you don't have the expertise yourself!

What wires do you need to connect up to fit your alarm successfully? For example, my alarm, i had to tap into the brakes, door switches, indicators & ignition system.

why the brakes if you dont mind me asking

It was wired into the anti hijack. When you press the brake, the doors lock automatically :)

yeh i just need to know on how to conect to the indicator lights and the shock senson thats about it, i dont need brakes doors or anything else you mentioned.

It was wired into the anti hijack. When you press the brake, the doors lock automatically :)

my passengers get worried when that happens.

the shock sensor just plugs into the black box and you stick the sensor somewhere on the body of the car(inside or in engine bay).

with the indicators you usually have two wires one for the left and one for the right indicator, just connect to the postive wire of the bulb for each side.

yeh i just need to know on how to conect to the indicator lights and the shock senson thats about it, i dont need brakes doors or anything else you mentioned.

I already said the shock sensor goes into the control unit

The shock sensor will connect to the main control unit,

If you read your instructions, it would say this too!

Could you tap into the indicators from the wires behind the indicator stalk perhaps?

hi thanks i have connected all the things except for i am stuck on how to connect the orange cable to micra on off ignition panel. how wouls i do this.
thanjks

hi thanks i have connected all the things except for i am stuck on how to connect the orange cable to micra on off ignition panel. how wouls i do this.
thanjks

Back