Attempted car jacking

Last night after dropping my mate off i drove past a car full of young lads driving the opposite way to me, when they all stared into my car i was suspicous and looked in my mirror only to see them throwing a u turn. There was 3 cars inbetween me and them which they soon over took so i threw a sharp left to see if they were definately following and they were. i was driving down a residential road when they pulled up next to me beeping and signaling for me to pull over i slowed down a bit and they cut me up and stopped and was about to get out but i was still rolling in 2nd gear and just floored it, they continued to follow but gave up in the end, i went straight to the police station but i didnt get a reg number as i was too busy ####ting my pants lol so there wasnt anything they could do really :(

Sorry to hear that mate..

always keep your door locked, i do when im out driving..
its not the best micra in the world, but its mine and no one elses.

I know, id never let anyone touch my car i was never going to stop. And considering i only bin driving 2 months its shuck me up a bit because you dont expect it to happen and htere was 4 of them and one of me and they wernt small either! every time i see a dark blue ford focus i think my heart will skip lmao :( this is my 1st night in for ages coz im a bit nervous about going out :(

take a gun and blat the mo fos!!!

glad you are ok mate, i hate this kind of thing,

where abouts was this mate? sorry to hear... its why most londoners keep the wheel nut wrench under the pass seat and not in the tool box. Id never stop either, unless i knew i could knock one down on the way past... and its mad.. WHY jack a 1L micra?? (im not saying yours is rubbish) but it aint gonna be as fun a an M3 or a scooby is it for a joy ride! IDIOTS!!

Keep yer cool mate, just forget it happened, and keep your door locked!

It was in bebington on the wirral mate anoyone who knows it knows its really quiet but the scummy areas arent far away so the edited come into bebington looking for trouble etc. I normally keep my head down and out of trouble from all the fights and gangs round here etc but sometimes you get caught up in it through no fault of you own :( think ill carry a wrench under my seat from now on :)

Yeah keep your door's locked, i do all the time now :)

Did the police say anything at all?, have there been any other reports in the area?

police said they would put a call out for anyone in the area to keep an eye out but that means nothing because round here theres always something dodgy going on lol. I hate the way they are the 1st people to give you a Edited for going 5mph over the limit and dont care about someone trying to nock ten shades of #### out of you and rob your car lol.

wow sorry to hear this mate, i know bebbington and ido agree with you, i allways keep the doors locked and i dunno if your a big lad or not but i am and if anything happend or i was approached i dont think they would last very long.

At the end of the day this is terrorisim on your part. Hope things get better man

It used to be quiet round here but with the yob culture its slowly going downhill sadly, i am big im 6ft 3 :D but not very wide lmao and either way there was 4 of them and one of me and they looked quite ruff. Rather show them my car jockeying skills than try and fight them off lol ;)

sadly if you defend yourself you get in trouble...

When i finished with them they would not be able to give evidence :)

Seems like a few of us are up near you tom.. if it happens again get the reg number, do a car check and get the address then gather a few micra lovers and make sure they dont wanna pick on micras again!!

please mind the language, i know you are upset and i understand that the police are sometimes morons.... but this is a dedicated family forum and swearing is not tollerated,

please edit your posts before a mod does..

i keep a screwdriver in my car now,it happened to me last year. but im wiser now esp driving the Glanza about. they touch the car he screwdriver touces them... simple! hope your ok dude!

Sorry to hear about this. My cousin was the victim of an attempted car-jacking outside a club in Swindon a little while back. He drives a 4x4 and had just dropped some people off round the back of the club and some young guys tried to wrench his door open. What they didn't realise was that my cousin is 6'4" and about 19 stone. Needless to say as soon as he got out of the car and confronted them they bricked it and ran away. He was still a bit shaken up though. I wouldn't worry about going out: don't let it get to you, they are unlikely to try and rob the same person again.

Happened to me a few times bud, and did nothing to provoke it. There are alot of people out there who just want to start trouble for no reason. It may not have been the car they were after, just any excuse for a fight.

My car has anti hijack fitted which means once im inside the car, the doors will lock automatically and won't unlock until the engine is off. I also have front tints which would reduce eye contact with these people - you just have to look at someone and they might take it the wrong way!

All this talk about having weapons and stuff if they come for you is a bit silly really, as you know you'l end up in more crap then them. If they get out there car, bail out of there. You'l have the advantage of a head start. It might seem like the most cowardly approach, but it might save your life or stop you getting nicked! You might have a screw driver or whatever, they might have a knife, or worse - is it worth the risk?

My mate was parked up and someone reached in and grabbed his keys out, lucky the K10 has a little button, by the time they work that out you could get in a few punches before they bust a cap or whatever. lol.

book ya self on a driving traing day learn how to do j turns and stuff,just case
i no where ya comin from tho i dont go out on my own either!

scarey stuff mate! i had some pratt tail gaiting me the other night so i slammed on the breaks then he pulls up next to me starts mouthing off at me once i pulled the corwbar from under my seat and said i'd be more than happy to bury the little pratt in the woods he soon ###### off... its a shame to have to carry a weapon in your car but necessary when you live near portsmouth! luckily i know pretty much everyone one in the car community before the guy got a mile i already had a welcoming comity waiting for him up the road.

hope you don't go through that again mate, best thing i can suggest is taking up some sort of martial arts class so if these idiots do have knives or god knows what else you know how to handle yourself, id neevr recommend taking on people with weapons but most of these thugs are so brain dead its easy to disarm them, once again living in portsmouth i've had to do it once or twice :( i hate this country so much!

the country is getting that 'bad' the new pug 307 locks your doors after setting off for more than 5secs!

Why are these thugs getting away with it and were having to comprimise for them! damn goverement.

the country is getting that 'bad' the new pug 307 locks your doors after setting off for more than 5secs!

Why are these thugs getting away with it and were having to comprimise for them! damn goverement.

I think anti hijacking on new cars is such a good idea. I've got it in my K10 :)

I once used a fiat that, when started, beeped after 1 mile, then twice after 2 then after 3 miles just died unless you disabled the system, it's so when you get car jacked you got time to run away whilst they are taking your car then you get your car back as well.

My mate had a pug and was working under the bonnet with the keys in the ignition and the car locked itself. He had to disconnect the battery and reconnect it to open it.

yeh anti-hijack has come a long way... I never knew about this until last year I saw a car driven erraticly along the high street then come to a holt... all indicators flashing.. engine slowed down and shut off... horn beeping... guys got out... and abandonned the car.. even better with a tracker..

Luckily Yorkshire isn't like that yet, but I carry a mobile phone (bluetooth hands free of course) and can dial 999 pretty quickly. Added to which I lock my doors as soon as I get in, plus the veccy only unlocks the drivers door first time.

Sorry to hear it happened to you, I should imagine it was pretty terrifying.

I worry about things like this happening but i always make sure i have enough petrol to get me out of a jam, lock all doors as soon as i get on and never have my bag in view. I have a big hand held sized crook lock in the footwell too so i'd give someone a smack with that too.

haha that is so not true, Have you any idea how long it takes to get firearms to attend a situation?

Quite often they won't attend unless there has been a confirmed presence of guns, so the likes of me has to go along and say "yep there's a gun", they get out of bed, have a meeting and then attend.

Obviously the above is not strictly true and SYP's armed response are a fantastic bunch and very professional...

Yeah that was a slight exaggeration.

But if you call the police and say 'help someone is trying to car jack me' you get the response 'there are no cars in the area, drive to a well lit, busy area. Also you have a fine for using your phone whilst driving'

If you say 'they are armed and trying to kill me' you get a quicker response.

Scary stuff! Sad too :( o_O been there, not nice....

Next time be at the ready by buying some fireworks and keep them handy, if anyone pulls up and starts mouthing off....just light a couple of Air-bombs and chuck em in their car.... :laugh:.....then reverse like you've pee'd yer pants.... :wow:

I have a mini tool kit in my drivers door. It has a few knives on it - I wouldn't use them and know it's not much but definitely feel safer having it.

Install one of those systems they make in africa that when you push the pedal, flames engulf the perimeter of the car! Perfect to deter you average carjacker!

wheel brace and a biiig bit of pipe in my car and in reach at all times.....but even that if someone did that it would be rather scary!!

hopw u reconise the car and driver and give him a glesga kiss ;) (big headbutt btw) lol

Most of the weapons you guys are on about won't be much use at close range against a load of people dragging you out of your cars :(.

I do martial arts but i'm certainly not naieve enough to think that i could beat up a whole group of people intent on attacking me and taking my car, the best solution is to drive off as cowardly as it may seem, save the heroics for films!

Hell yeah, running is the best idea. Lucky for me my car is a heap of **** and no-one ould steal it, if they did they would probably bring it back.

Back