Anyone seen White Knight?

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
I know justo well and almost fell out of my chair when he told me he was buying white knight off his mate. Seems after david traded it in the guy at the car yard brought it for the trade in price (Well what it said it was traded for anyways) and its being in his shed since and now justos buying it.......for.......what for it.......oh I felt sick when he told me...........look away if you get sick easy........$3000. Oh I feel so sick.

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
I tryed to tell Cisco when he was thinking of getting rid of the monster,Store it and keep it for later. You'll sell it for next to nothing and so much has gone into it,If you have 100% devoted yourself to your car with your time and money you will loose big so keep it and stick it in a shed somewhere and leave it there till your interest comes back.

CMF_justo

» CMF Member
I just got back from test driving White Knight.

Had a bit of trouble getting her started cos it hadn't been started for so long. Once it fired up, the idle was rough as, but after a bit of a thrash it was all smooth sailing.....

....until 10min later when we ran out of fuel.

Got that sorted and went on our way.

I did lots of slow suburb driving as this was my main concern. Whether or not I could drive it in peak-hour type traffic. First gear is hard for someone not used to performance cars. Got the hang of it but could do with a bit more practice.

Opened it up on the highway and had a bit of fun. Doing 100kmh in 5th and you do need to drop down to 3rd to overtake which is fun.

The only problems I can see (and I know bugger all about cars)
- Gear stick is a bit....crappy? As in it doesn't seem to center very well so going from 2nd to 3rd quickly means you have to sort of guide it to third in case you accidentally go into first.
- Clutch can slip under extreme acceleration.
- Indicators don't seem to always automatically click off.
- There's some hole in something in the engine bay which looks like there should be a cap over it cos air comes out....really sorry, not a car person.....
- No aircon....which is a bit of a bugger for me as I will probably have to do a lot of summer driving.

But, I love it. And it shall be mine. My mate is giving it to me cheap. But he's a good mate and I've hit a bit of a rough patch with a few personal issues. Getting a car and some independence back is high on my priority list.

smidge

» CMF Member
i paid around that for a really good condition stockie, you're getting a good deal!

people that mod cars should never expect to get their money back so i guess its probably not worth a whole lot more than that to people that aren't really in to micras

CMF_Geoff W

» CMF Member
This is quite insane........ It sounds like a shady deal to me.... The car was well and truly sorted when sold. I'd suspect someone has thrashed the life outta it and is flogging off a problem child. Thats just my gut feeling.

No offence intended.

Get some pics up here and we can tell you what has changed if anything.

CMF_justo

» CMF Member
I can guarantee you nothing has changed on the car since being traded in.

I'm sure the car was in awesome nick at the time, but it hasn't been driven or even started in ages.

Yes my mate did give it a good thrashing a couple times, but otherwise, it was garaged.

I will take pics when I pick it up ;)

CMF_justo

» CMF Member
maybe I'm confusing clutch slipping with wheels spinning :p

As for the gears, after reading the article about the stock gear shift spring, it kinda feels like something like that could be the problem? I want it to "spring" back to neutral a bit....better.

Once I get it, I'll take it for a service and see if they can have a look I guess.

cisco

» CMF Member
That is crazy! No, I was very happy with the price that blue monster sold for. And I had several offers for around about the same price.

Around 7 times that price :)

CMF_Nissanmania

» CMF Member
You've got to do the dollars on a project car knowing you'll rarely get it back if you sell. Better to strip it back to stock and sell the parts but this is such a shame on such a well sorted car. Best we can hope for is that someone such as justo treats here right and appreciates her into the future.

Back