EOI: White Knight [perth]

CMF_justo

» CMF Member
Due to my job requiring me to drive around a more sensible car all day, I am considering letting go of White Knight :(

http://www.micra.com.au/community/forced-micras.php

Everything is still the same with 2 exclusions.

1. I had a new 4 button racing clutch with some custom chrome moly plate fitted (I don't know, the guy was showing me but I didn't really know what I was looking at). Car is MUCH easier to drive now and clutch doesn't slip at all. Cost about $800 (have receipt somewhere)

2. Head gasket is blown. Currently has Chemi Weld holding it together which has been working fine (as long as you don't go nuts with your right foot all the time). Since the head gasket went, I have barely driven it. Been borrowing my brothers car for the past 3 months :p

I do have a contact (finally!) I can call to get it fixed but I am holding off for the moment in case I decide to just trade the car in.

I bought the car with about 136,000 kms on the dial. Had it serviced at Speedworks at 140,000 kms. New oil/oil filter at around 145,000 kms when the gasket went and we chemi welded it. Put Tectaloy 100 plus coolant in which is proving to be a godsend. It now has about 147,000 kms on it. I believe the clutch was installed around the 143,000 km mark.

Car has a gazillion receipts from the previous owner.

The ring gear was worn when I got it. I've reconditioned the starter just in case and even with the worn ring gear, the car is starting 1st go 90% of the time, otherwise, 2nd go for sure. In any case, I have a new ring gear on hand if needed.

The clutch cable snapped sometime in dec which was fun in peak hour traffic. I've replaced it with a new one.

The coolant reservoir was cracked and fixed with araldite by the previous owner but I have replaced it with a new one.

All new parts (except for the clutch) are straight from my local Nissan dealer who are AWESOME at getting parts in the same or next day for me.

I am torn as to whether to keep the car as a weekend driver cos I really do love it. But, I am really not in a position financially to keep it. So, I would hope a fellow Micra lover might like to take it over rather than me flog it off to some random revhead. New head gasket and it should be good as new (got some Redline oil to put in when it does get fixed).

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
Already! Well put a price up if your thinking about it and that should get people interested,you got it pretty cheap didn't you? What was the buying price if you don't mind me asking?

CMF_justo

» CMF Member
you are talking gobbledygook to me :p All I know is every mech I've talked to when I was looking for the right person to fix it is that 12psi boost was too much to be running.

CMF_justo

» CMF Member
I don't really know what I want for it right now. I am trying to find out what it was traded in for as that will be my baseline. I know David wanted 10k at time of trade in but he wouldn't have gotten it. So I guess factor in 2years and some needed head work and that's prob what it's *worth*?

Yes I did get it cheap, cos my mate was trying to help me out [insert sob story]. And while I am definitely not trying to rip anyone off, I would like a *fair* price. No offense intended!

justo WROTE:

"you are talking gobbledygook to me :p All I know is every mech I've talked to when I was looking for the right person to fix it is that 12psi boost was too much to be running.

wtf? where are you taking it? k-mart auto?! 12psi should be a walk in the park for that motor, ppl are running 10psi on standard motors.

CMF_justo

» CMF Member
I don't know?!?!! I talked to Speedworks and Tenagah motorsport primarily. Oh, and also a guy from Southside Engines. All of them are supposedly quite reputable and all of them said 12psi was a lot of boost. Who am I to argue?

hmmm. perhaps they are under the impression that the engine is internally standard? but really, with all the work done to the motor, and autronic ecu, it should be running more boost if anything :D . 12psi should be the setting you let the grandma drive it on. anyway, should sell quite easily i reckon. might even get more for it selling it in pieces.

Back