Anyone refitted a k10 window?

Im guessing it would be the reversal of removing one? unless it was smashed.

I'l check my haynes manual tonight if nobody has replied sooner and see if its straight forward.

Which window is it? Windscreen? drivers? passengers? tailgate?

front or rear sides? I've done both.

To remove the front side windows

1. Remove the door card.
2. wind down the window and remove rubber seals
3. loosen the bolts that can be seen on holding the glass in place.
4. Get assistance to hold the window as you remove them.
5. Pull the window up slowly at a slight angle to remove from the inner door frame.

To reinstall front side windows.

1. slide the window back in at a slight angle to help installation.
2. Get assistance to hold the window in the correct place to line up with the inner mechanism
3. replace bolts and tighten, make sure you don't over tighten and break the glass.
4. replace door card.
5. replace rubber seals

To remove rear side windows

1. loosen the 4 bolts holding the window near the door pillar.
2. loosen the inner bracket for the pop out mechanism. Easy to do this from the boot.
3. Get assistance to hold the window in place.
4. completely remove all bolts and the window will come away

To reinstall rear side windows

1. Line up window with the 4 bolts, screw in the top and bottom one to help align the middle 2.
2. Get assistance to hold the window in place and screw in the inner bracket for the window.

The above can be done without assistance, but I would recommend it to avoid any chance of dropping the windows. Been a while since I did it, so if I've missed anything someone who's done the same can add anything, we'll make this into a guide.

Hope that helps

If its the fronts and backs you will have more trouble, although I'm assuming it will be either front or back sides. Follow Kev's instructions for this though and you won't go far wrong. :)

the windscreen and the rear side windows are the easiest. Door glass is harder, and bootlid glass is near imposible.

good tips there kev pop that in the DIY section :D ill be tinting my back wondows soon so ill also post a guide :D

Slim said:
the windscreen and the rear side windows are the easiest.

Really? I need a new windscreen, and was afraid it would be rather difficult...
would you mind elaborating on the installation of one some more?

to fit the windscreen you will need a new rubber seal, basically put the new seal on the glass and with the help of a friend put the glass in place and work the rubber into place (basically tap round the edge of the screen till its flush) very easy mate :)

Ah! Excellent...sounds easy indeed. I suppose i'll need to use some sealant (spelling?) afterwards, to make it waterproof?

Ima go to carglass n get me a new seal. :)

cheers mate!

no problem mate :D when my new windcreen was fitted a long while back after it exploded! the bloke who did it didnt use any sealant and it never leaked but i gave the area where the seal fits a good clean to ensure a good seal :) after i saw him do it i thought.... crap i could have done that it was easy lol :p

help me

hello there just recently joined and just curious if any body could help me im looking for a body kit for my k10 micra and also some uprated brakes if any body can help plz reply cheers

hi flub

you would have been best starting a new post, but your new so i wont preach (the mods can do that) lol

there is a super s bodykit for k10 in the buy and sell section on the main page, also on ebay there is a k10 micra spoiler although the lister has put micra m10 (obviosly a crack head)

i see you in the south too :) as your south rep welcome to the club hope to see you at the meets next year :)

Back on topic for a minute, sorry.....;)

I was just wondering....how to remove the old cracked windscreen? They told me at carglass that i could probably use the old rubbersealthingy.

well when mine exploded it wasn't laminated so it just impolded all over the car took me months to get all the glass out! lol. the best way would be to use suction cups with handles to remove it mate not sure where you can buy them from though....

thanks for the advice, i refitted one after managing to remove it at the breakers without a socket set ! which was rather difficult

I had mine changed for me, so im nt much help...

but I did have a piece of glass him me in the arm while driving to college...

DIY windscreen replacement

Fancying a new windscreen.....my old one is worn out on the surface glare etc and I'm sick of it...a new screen from Nissan is only £115 plus VAT:

From what I can gather from this thread....

1. the old screen can be removed INTACT by using suction cups on the outside and working the seal out from the inside.

2. the rubber seal can probably be reused for the new screen and fittment is the reversal of fitting.

3. no sealant is required.

Can anyone provide confirmation of these 3 points and also provide any other hints and tips and a rough idea of how long it would take to remove and fit the new glass?? aslo is it a one-person job or is two-er??

Cheers gang!

1) you remove them simply by pushing them out with your feet. Start in the top corner and push until the seal pops, and then work around the whole outer edge in the same way.

2) the seal can be reused

3) no sealer is required.

cheers for reply slim.....

if sammo used feet though, the screen will cerrtainly be shattered....lol...(roundhouse kick etc)

cheers for tip

Sammo, just wondering. Were you able to get the window out with your feet? Sounds like a good idea, but don't want to be burried under a pile of little pieces of glass...;)

I've pushed out windscreens with my feet before, (not on a micra though) and it's simple enough, just sit in the passenger seat, stick yer feer in the air and push the windscreen. Don't kick it, just push carefully, it's better with two of you I've found, one sitting in each seat, that way you put a more even amount of pressure on each side of the windscreen.

I cut the rubber and then remove the glass and just get a new rubber when i go to fit it back in.

Sammo, just wondering. Were you able to get the window out with your feet? Sounds like a good idea, but don't want to be burried under a pile of little pieces of glass...;)

would you beleive it...its still on my TODO list (pah!)

but if you start at a corner you can see how easily it wants to come out (easily in my case)

by pealing back the rubber to expose the painted metal window frame <photo1> the glass can be pushed part way out by hand <photo2> (carefully)

Attachments

• 100_3970.jpg
    100_3970.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 238
  • 100_3971.jpg
    100_3971.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 246
Back