17s on a k10

I fitted my mates 17"s from his civic for a laugh:
47b5d801b3127cce921324ed4a5400000016108QYuWbZs5b

47b5d801b3127cce921324a2cb2b00000015108QYuWbZs5bo

the result: it didn't move and it looked like a roller skate :D :D :D

that looks ok, im thinking of wide arches so arches will be cut up n rolled and deep side skirts anyway so slamming it on the floor aint a must.

Mat.T said:
I fitted my mates 17"s from his civic for a laugh:
47b5d801b3127cce921324ed4a5400000016108QYuWbZs5bo

47b5d801b3127cce921324a2cb2b00000015108QYuWbZs5bo

the result: it didn't move and it looked like a roller skate :D :D :D

have you anymore pics of that mate ?:laugh:

16's do fit as i had some on my k10 at one point, they were with 195/45/16 tyres,
my arches had work done so they would fit but still rubbed on hard bumps as i never had bumpstops fitted, the fronts didnt rub at all only the back.

Attachments

• DSCI0064.JPG
    DSCI0064.JPG
    151.6 KB · Views: 417
clubby_rs said:
that looks ok, im thinking of wide arches so arches will be cut up n rolled and deep side skirts anyway so slamming it on the floor aint a must.

I'm think you don't realise what's involved. The wheels are probably touching the suspension struts, fuel inlet pipe and i'd hazard a guess at the inner wing in places. The wheels would rub at full lock (which is illegal). To make them fit properly you'd be practically rebuilding some tricky parts of the car.

ive helped put 18s on a r5 gt turbo so not too worried about the work side of it.

Mark said:
16's do fit as i had some on my k10 at one point, they were with 195/45/16 tyres,
my arches had work done so they would fit but still rubbed on hard bumps as i never had bumpstops fitted, the fronts didnt rub at all only the back.
16s look good on there mate:ghostface

MA12:) said:
I'm think you don't realise what's involved. The wheels are probably touching the suspension struts, fuel inlet pipe and i'd hazard a guess at the inner wing in places. The wheels would rub at full lock (which is illegal). To make them fit properly you'd be practically rebuilding some tricky parts of the car.

very true, from what i could see they were touching the rear springs and part of the rear inner wing, with the fronts you were limited to 1 turn of the steering wheel before they rubbed on the inner wing :D
47b5cc31b3127cce959aec1f779200000016108QYuWbZs5bo

Ed said:
Introducing the K10 Chav micra lol.
how does that make it chav? so i suppose what dan is doing is chav as its different? 17s will be a one of a kind as no one else seems to have done it. everyone seems to stick to super s stuff and 14s or 15s which is fine but boring as its been done to death:laugh:

beacause it's a pointles modification that requires lots and lots of work for no benifit. 17's will kill any performance, make the car unroadworty (unless you can get the wheels to not strike the wheel arch when turning, The only way I can see you getting the wheel not to touch the strut would be to use the dreaded wheel spacers but that'll just introduce you to the world of changing your wheel bearings every few months.

The K10 has far from perfect handling the extra weight involved in the 17's will make it even worse.

And yes I think what Dan is doing is a bit Chav, but he's ginger so it's the last of his worries ( only joking Dan :p )

Pete

17s will be a one of a kind as no one else seems to have done it. everyone seems to stick to super s stuff and 14s or 15s which is fine but boring as its been done to death:laugh:

thats because work has to be done to get 15 and 14 inch wheels to fit,

if you wanna do something differant then sticking the biggest wheels you can on a k10 isnt the best way.

The fact that you would be easily overtaken by a 2cv would be quite amusing. I can't imagine the abuse you would get. Barry boys here we come!

What I dont under stand is if your 26 you really you are way beyond the 'stick the largest wheels possible' on a car surely? You have easily seen enough in the world of cars to know that there are no benefits at all to doing something like this? Im not a member of that site btw.. They read the msc enough to pick up on some of the stuff that happens here.

I'm agreeing with ed on this one,

if you wanna do something differant then theres lots of things that can be done to a k10,

MA12:) said:
beacause it's a pointles modification that requires lots and lots of work for no benifit. 17's will kill any performance, make the car unroadworty (unless you can get the wheels to not strike the wheel arch when turning, The only way I can see you getting the wheel not to touch the strut would be to use the dreaded wheel spacers but that'll just introduce you to the world of changing your wheel bearings every few months.

The K10 has far from perfect handling the extra weight involved in the 17's will make it even worse.

And yes I think what Dan is doing is a bit Chav, but he's ginger so it's the last of his worries ( only joking Dan :p )

Pete

Evil. :( :(

i hate to make enemies but i'm going to put my opinion out there on this one, cuz i don't very often!

I say go for it, after all i have always lived by the idea that modifying is about being different and in the end having something that no-body else has. That's why i put a custom bodykit on my K10 (to make it less likely that anyone has the same kit) and i'm spending ridiculous amounts of money on an sr20 conversion because as far as i'm aware no one else has a driveable sr20 k10 (at least known of in this country).

for me it's being able to say "this is one of a kind", it's alright getting stick from people who are laughing at you doing up a micra but generally they are standing beside their Nova's whie they are doing it!! If i stood by the side of the road for a week i could probably point out at least 2-3 nova's that look exactly the same!! where's the point in that!

I say go for it......i'm expecting to be chastised for saying these things! :D

while driveablility is an issue, if your desire to do something outweighs your care for being able to get to 60 in a respectable time i don't see it as being a problem......legality however is a different matter all together! :)

it sounds to me that its not a case of being different its being the FIRST

it will only be different for a short while,until someone likes your car and copys you

Batch said:
i hate to make enemies but i'm going to put my opinion out there on this one, cuz i don't very often!

I say go for it, after all i have always lived by the idea that modifying is about being different and in the end having something that no-body else has. That's why i put a custom bodykit on my K10 (to make it less likely that anyone has the same kit) and i'm spending ridiculous amounts of money on an sr20 conversion because as far as i'm aware no one else has a driveable sr20 k10 (at least known of in this country).

for me it's being able to say "this is one of a kind", it's alright getting stick from people who are laughing at you doing up a micra but generally they are standing beside their Nova's whie they are doing it!! If i stood by the side of the road for a week i could probably point out at least 2-3 nova's that look exactly the same!! where's the point in that!

I say go for it......i'm expecting to be chastised for saying these things! :D

while driveablility is an issue, if your desire to do something outweighs your care for being able to get to 60 in a respectable time i don't see it as being a problem......legality however is a different matter all together! :)

Agree completely with this!!! :) Other thing is its a micra, its more unlikely that people will copy, and I can't see anybody copying the style of mine or Batch's car.

might start a thread on this, coulld be interesting to hear other people's opinions.

Sorry to take this off thread Clubby

thanks batch and dan i take my hat off to you two we are people that stand out from the crowd, ive got corsas everywhere around near me i just sold mine to fund the micra but there all the same, so a micra with 16s or 17s on it will be a poke in the eye to most out there and thats my joy and aint modifying about being different?

clubby_rs said:
thanks batch and dan i take my hat off to you two we are people that stand out from the crowd, ive got corsas everywhere around near me i just sold mine to fund the micra but there all the same, so a micra with 16s or 17s on it will be a poke in the eye to most out there and thats my joy and aint modifying about being different?

no,its about making your car into something YOU like,,

wouldnt it be easier to go for very wide small wheels and wide arches? euro stylee,,get some of those strech tyres

RIK said:

wouldnt it be easier to go for very wide small wheels and wide arches? euro stylee,,get some of those strech tyres
thats my other option but im in two minds euro or extreme:ghostface

RIK said:

this is the look i would like to aim for. completly cleaned body work (no kits) small Datsun bumpers, fat 13" ats classic's and a roof rack.
I recon if you want to put 17"s on your car go for it, after all its your car if you likes how it looks that all that matters :D

at the end of the day moddifing is personal taste so people should do what they want to their cars, but on a saftey note 17"s would put a lot of strain on the k10's sespension parts wheel bearings etc it wouldn't be safe. some nice 15" would be your best bet mate, but if you can pull it off then go for it :D

micra man said:

You know i'm only joking :p

Speedle said:
It'll put lots of strain on the car... suspension and wheel bearings etc...

I agree, I put this in my post but i'm sure no-one noticed this.

A few people said:
In-der-vid-ual bla bla.

Ok go for it, it's nice to think people have something to do. If I were in a position to be spending money on a K10 i'd rather do something like Batch is with the engine than trying to shoe-horn oversized wheels on it.

someone else said:
Something about Euro'ing a K10

It's been done :p I've seen a few German ones with deep dish wide alloys scraping the road markings off the tarmac.

anyone who's gunna call me a H8R or whatever said:
Bla'de bla bla bla

Been there done that, thank goodness my funds didn't alloy (at the time) me to do to a poor K10 what I wanted to do, I had this plan to make it look 'proper tricked out'. I now drive a very indervidual diesel 205 for economy reasons. Comfortable, enough torque to keep it's speed up on country roads without changing gear every three seconds and over 50MPG.

Talk to you all very soon no-doubt.

love you all :D feel the love!

deep dish 13"s are the way to get the k10 on the floor if i ever find some decent ones........ any ideas where i can get them from? lol

Speedle said:
love you all :D feel the love!

deep dish 13"s are the way to get the k10 on the floor if i ever find some decent ones........ any ideas where i can get them from? lol
the bay of e a good place ats classics are about 479 quid on there new but maybe aset of old bbs rims on a low et would look dandy.

a very god friend of mine is saorting a price for me as we speak, he owns his own car parts company ;) but the price i get will be a hell of a lot lower than thoose on ebay and will include tyres ;)
2modified.com if anyone wants to check it out, has black diamond grooved and drilled disc's for the k10 ;)

MA12:) i know its been done before,,i never said it hadnt,,all i said was it would be easier to do

imo if someone puts 17" wheels on a k10 it wont be long before thers another

Must admite I would love to try or see a euro k10!!! Think that it would look awesome!!! No-one ever has really tried it off the club though as far as I am aware. Would be sweet though. :D May even do a photoshop. :)

Mark said:
.............the fronts didnt rub at all only the back.

Mark, was your car lowered at the time and if so buy how much please...cheers!

yeah of course it was lowered,

16's will go on a K10 and its possible to make it so they dont rub at all but it involves a bit of work,

i'd never go for 16's again, slow the car down too much and look a bit silly

Back