anyone here had or got depression?

R05_Micra

Ex. Club Member
well ive been down ever since the canibis night lol and came to the conclution i may have depression. just asking if anyone else here has it or know anyone with it and how they cope, ill give it a couple weeks before i go to the qwack like lol, but im starting not to enjoy myself anymore, even when out i.e drinking in town n that. any help is greatfull people ta! :)

rite, stop drinking, its a depressant.
go to the gym or do something exciting, like go-karting, paint balling etc, get some addrenalin inside you... and eat lots of fruit.

also, drink lots of water, and get a regular 8hrs of sleep a night.

try a hobby....like taking your car appart every night....

trick is to not think "oh im depressed" or you will be. and believe me i know a thing or three about being depressed.

chin up matey, after all...your still alive. and your still walking talking and writing... what is there to be depressed about?

Sleep will help alot. It can make the difference to your attitude for the whole day. More sleep you get, the more positive you'l feel.

How have things been for you since the whole cannibis situation? Don't put pressure on yourself to 'feel better', that'l come naturally! Just have a few good mates close and they'l help you through it, and do things which you enjoy and make you laugh! Comedy club, DVD's, or take up something totally new / different.

Mate i have a smoke every so often to chill out and it really doesnt depress me... although it can effect people in different ways...

i think you should NOT smoke anymore as if you are feeling depressed it will only make you more depressed (mind is very suggestive when your stoned)...

think about all the things that depress you... are they really important to you right now, will they go away if you just leave them... is your pride getting in the way...

Make these problems small and think about how bad of a life people in the world have that are'nt as fortunate as you... slowly you'll come to actually like yourself as a person and feel 100 times better...

put on ya comfy clothes,chill with ya mates, no drink, no smoke, play poker, watch a film and get a load of takeaway...

*** move away from the pc, get out of the house*** :)

hey ive turned to work!!ive got few m8s(my own fault damn nerves!!:laugh: ) hardly go anywhere but keep myself busy not to think about,also SLEEP you can lose yourself there!!!

It's not an easy thing to deal with depression, I know as I have suffered with it in the past, I had a nervous breakdown many moons ago when I was raped at university, but you can beat it or at least manage your symptoms

The key things as said are DON'T drink, smoke. Exercise as much as you can as your brain releases feel good hormones, the psychological effect from exercising on a regular basis is amazing. Eat items that contain higher amounts of selenium which is renowned for helping with depression - so this means lots of fish/seafood.

Get out the house as much as you can, even if you just go for a walk. Join a club, go to college to do evening course, something where you'll make new friends. Try doing charity work, doing something for someone other than yourself will help you feel better about yourself.

Make a journal, right down random thoughts, anything. Writing things down will help you get perspective, when you look back on things you'll wonder why you were so silly and things'll seem clearer.

Hope it helps.

Just don't take the anti depressants that the Dr's prescribe!! They make you feel worse, well mine did anyway!

The main thing you need to do is try and forget the past with the cannabis. If you keep thinking about it you'll keep going back to square one. Chin up :)

Just don't take the anti depressants that the Dr's prescribe!! They make you feel worse, well mine did anyway!

Thats the crap thing about anti-depressants. I had 3 months off work due to stress and depression. Quack put me on prozac. "These will make you feel better, but for the first 2 weeks you'll feel like ****, until they are in ya system and working.

He was right, I did feel like ****....:down:

One thing I've found is, talking to peeps at work, and where I work, half the workplace has been off with depression, is that once you've suffered from it, although fingers crossed you'll get over it, you never really ACTUALLY get over it, you'll still get days where you'll feel like crap. Following day though everything is fine...o_O

One good thing about prozac though is if your a fat git, the weight will drop off you. However, if your a skinny git, the weight still drops off and you'll be even skinner...:down:

i would never take any kind of pills unless you really really need it. i dont even take paraceatomol for headaches unless i really am in agony

Back