Anyone doing A-levels

daveeeeee

Ex. Club Member
For anyone doing a-levels or who have done them, am i the only one who finds them so mind boggling and stressfull? theres soooooooooooo much work its stupid! at the mo i'm doing:

A2 mathematics
A2 economics
A2 business studies
A2 physics

i hate it when people say that a-levels are getting easier, i worked my beeeeehind off last year to get results just to see some stuck up politition on gmtv saying there getting easier!

I finished my A-levels last year and I can saw they aren't easy at all they are still regarded as the hardest exams you will do in school.
I did ;
A2 English lit
A2 Economics
A2 Business
A2 History
A2 Geography
and compulsary General studies
probably the most stressfull years of my life.

I did my a levels when i was 17 (youngest in the year), so thats 7yr ago now. I didnt find them hard at all... but i think i was one of the last years to do the full 2yr alevel instead of As /A2 levels, although i did an AS in law as well as my a levels

I did English Language, Business Studies,Biology, AS Law and they trialled my year with compulsory General Studies, but the exam was optional at the end of the 2yr.

Omg A-levels I'm feeling really old now, as I did mine 8 yrs ago. But like Katie did full 2 yr A-levels. Modular though of course so had exams 3 times a year euuuggghh. Did Maths, Physics and Computing plus compulsory General Studies.

But I have cousins doing A-levels now and I assure you they are definitely getting easier seeing what they're doing. They complain about how stressful it is too, but it's not just down to A-levels themselves it's a generally stressful time for anyone of that age. I was really bad about mine cos I spent most of the time in Hospital so I was very surprised I got the grades I did.

Never did A level exams but they do say that you should be able to pick up on average about £4000 more than someone who doesn't do them, whether that's really the case i don't know.

Its been on local radio in the last couple of days that those WITH a degree earn around £10k on average more than those WITHOUT a degree... me and my husband where in the car when we heard that and just looked at each other and laughed... we both work in the same kind of field (IT) and he took his degree, and i worked my way up... and as a consequence i earn more than him so we had a good laugh about that.

I can see them meaning a person who went to uni and got in to a profession, say as medicine, or engineering could earn £10k more than someone who didnt, and went to work in asda instead.

i did as level physics, biology, PE and thatre studies (because it was FUN (no wise cracks lol)) and the highest i got was a C in PE...

So i've now moved to a really rubish school so it wont be hard to get a good reputation with the teachers and im doing as level economics business and media. they're boring but i need to get good recomendations to join the police.

but i see what you mean, they are really difficult, especially compared to GCSE's, i was one of the best in my year at GCSE and i still suck a bit now doing 25% the amount of subjects!

lovely a levels, finnished em last year, didnt go to uni and im still trying to find myself a full time job, waste of time lol

suppose it depends on the subjects, A-levels have not got easier, just the range of subjects meens that there are more easier a-levels, like for instance, socioligy, travel and tourism, child care. when you look at REAL a-levels such as mathematics the amount of work is huge. for example to acheive an A in maths it is expected that the average person will have to study about 2hours a night! 2hours a night! hence why statisticly if you have a A in A-level mathematics alone you can expect to earn 10% more than someone with an A-level in english or science.

I'm doing:
A2 Music
A2 Music Tech
BTEC Performing Arts.
I picked all the doss subjects, still not bloody easy though.

i worked my tail off at school for my GCSEs, then at college doing my A levels then (kinda) at uni doing my two waste-of-time degrees so i could go train to be a teacher and now i work for a bank doing a job i ABSOLUTELY adore that has nothing to do with any of my qualifications for more money that i would be on if i carried on doing my teaching course and ended up teaching.
I dont think my grades or degrees got me the job but they got me the interview, looks better on paper than its actually worth.
so its all worth it in the end, chin up and ignore everyone who tells you they're getting easier. I only took mine 4 year ago and i bet i couldnt take another one and get the same grades

A2 Music
A2 Music Tech
A2 English Language

Music tech is a doddle, music is a bit harder, english language is very demanding!

Back