Any1 in Brighton area know how to put a gearbox back on?

dg_unit

Club Member (Trial)
Hi. I've failed. After three days of frustrating misery I've realised I don't have the ability to put my K10's gearbox back on (after a clutch change). Back to two spanners in the Haynes for me. Is there anybody in the Brighton/Portslade area who could spare half hour/an hour, knows what they are doing an can give me a hand? Literally just need to get it on and I'm good for the rest. Name your price.

Failing that if anybody knows of a garage that will send somebody out to me just to fit the gearbox back on I would appreciate the info.

I've run out of time, energy and spinal fluid. I need to get this car on the road.

Thanks.

its always awkward to do the 1st time dg :doh: i always fit a loose bolt through one of the holes, so as to line it up while you hump it back on (number 3 in the pic, k10 is very similar to pre 98 k11))

Attachments

• SDC11324.JPG
    SDC11324.JPG
    219.5 KB · Views: 206
Slight miracle. Long lost friend got in touch. Suggested maybe they sent me the wrong clutch. Gonna go down in my slippers and check it now.

as i posted in your other thread, make sure the clutch plate is aligned properly or you have bob hope of getting it in

Back