Any suggestions?

L

lsi_dean

Hey,

firstly i think you should know its not for a micra its for a EG civic hatch, although i find it irelivant as i would just like a little help,

Basically my sound system is POOR a have a jvc hu, and some really low quality front comps powered by the head unit. Im not after a bassmobile just a good quality system for sound etc, im willing to spend 250, on 6*9s, amp or whateva u got planned thanks

vibe comps up front,
sony mp3 HU
mutant 280 amp

it's not the greatest but it's cheap and good quality

Comps £65 ish
HU £175 ish
amp £50

JVC MP3 Headunit:

Headunit Link

3 sets of RCA outputs, MP3/WMA playback, front aux input, Remote control, etc. £120

JBL Components:

Components Link

Great midbass response for the price, but I wasnt sure what size your Honda takes!

Component Amplifier:

Amp Link

Amplifier Wiring Kit:

Wiring Kit Link

Total Price = £260 + delivery

Should give you a great starter system, with decent headunit, some nice components with an amp to power them, along with the necessary wiring kit. Spend a bit more (upto say £300) and get a four channel amp which will give you the option of running a sub, etc in the future with no extra amp needed!

Thanks for the Advice, how do i make comps fit if they arent the actual size of the hole in the door panel

hey,

I found a site that tells me im a 5-1/4" or 6-1/2"

The 6-1/2`s, will need a braquet adapter or something

HERE

by the way i meant 250 to spend on just the speakers amp and wires, i have seperate money for the HU, if you reckon that will improve the sound, Thanks!

Oh and this amp is on special offer, is it any good for my needs?

AMP LINK

or this

AMP LINK

lsi_dean said:
hey,

I found a site that tells me im a 5-1/4" or 6-1/2"

The 6-1/2`s, will need a braquet adapter or something

HERE

by the way i meant 250 to spend on just the speakers amp and wires, i have seperate money for the HU, if you reckon that will improve the sound, Thanks!

Oh and this amp is on special offer, is it any good for my needs?

AMP LINK

or this

AMP LINK

The first amp is a 4 channel class D, so its not really suited to running front components as class D doesnt tend to sound as 'nice' and refined as class AB....

The second amp is a mono amp suitable for running a subwoofer.

If you 'can' fit in the 6.5" speakers with the use of adapters, then I'd definately go for some of those. As your budget can be for speakers and amp only, I'd spend a bit more on the components, as they are one of the most important items of an install.

These components are the best available for under £100, and have had multiple outstanding reviews from a number of top industry pro's:

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=3337&cadid=ba7d63cd5a8f66a1b518c5821be83e6e

A bargain at £95, they also look the part.

I'd then go with this 4-channel amp:

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=4140&cadid=ba7d63cd5a8f66a1b518c5821be83e6e

Loads of power for the price, from a very good brand. You can run your components from two of the channels for now (giving them around 100wrms each).

Then when you feel like upgrading, you can bridge the other two spare channels into one, and run a subwoofer from them as you'll have around 300wrms available with two channels bridged into one!

Then go with a 4awg wiring kit (as the 4-channel amp has the potential to output more power than with the previous amp) here for £25:

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=204&cadid=ba7d63cd5a8f66a1b518c5821be83e6e

Which so far brings the total to £220. You'll then want a few metres of speaker cable to connect the amp to the speakers up front, and your sorted for now!

Im going to go with those comps you chose however this will mean i need to do a little DIY with some MDF, this should be fun

Otherwise go with the smaller versions! These are good:

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=2751&cadid=ba7d63cd5a8f66a1b518c5821be83e6e

Or these:

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=3264&cadid=ba7d63cd5a8f66a1b518c5821be83e6e

Or these:

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=4135&cadid=ba7d63cd5a8f66a1b518c5821be83e6e

!!!

:)

Hey i just got back from Tenby today, and back to sorting out this sound system lol

ok so im going to go with these
Speakers Powered by thisamp using these Wires

Do i just pay 9.99 to have all this delivered or do i pay 9.99 for each item?, oh and if you reckon you can make this system sound better with an extra bit of money tell me which piece you would change as i can afford more

Thanks!

Just noticed it says

"It also comes with a new spacer for Honda cars"

on the comps, what does this mean? as my car is a Honda

Well update! all the above stuff i said id get, ive got here now, those alpine comps look really cool, looks difficult to install but should be ok

thanks!

well ive fitted it all in now, took 10 hours of saturday and about 3 of day, altogether i had to make about 4 journeys during the installation 2 for speaker cable Twice, has i needed alot, terminal connecters, and one for the spade things for the speakers,

Hard job, and you can see cable when my door is open as it would fit through the correct place, doesnt look to bad though, im going to need to build a false floor for the boot to make the install look good.

As for the sound, its great, very clear even at extreme volumes, but i got to be careful with the amount of bass, ive turned it down on the head unit to -3, as when it gets bassy the woofers hit the plastic cover on my door cards, gives them a right good thud, im definetly gonna need a subwoofer, any suggestions?

Yep, subwoofer would be next. I'd put a HPF (HPF) on the front speakers of around 60Hz, to stop giving them too much bass to reproduce :)

RE: RE: Any suggestions?

Retepetsir said:
Yep, subwoofer would be next. I'd put a HPF (HPF) on the front speakers of around 60Hz, to stop giving them too much bass to reproduce :)
^
lol at HPF(HPF)

its ok i know what it means, I was also thinking of doing this. People that have been watching and that said "all you need now is some rear speakers", although its best not to do that right?, as
we just want bass from the back?

i was thinking maybe get a stylish 10" sub?

what do you reckon?

thanks!

EDIT oh and when i accelerate whistling comes through the tweeters, but i see this as a good thing as it makes me feel like i gotta turbo lol!

As your front speakers are amped, you really dont need rears. A single subwoofer should be fine, I run one and it goes plenty loud for my needs (loud with sound quality!).

So yes, a single sub should be ok, I'd recommend the JBL GT4's as they are absolutely fantastic for the price.

The whistling is intereference, so try re-earthing your amp to get rid of the problem, otherwise the suppressor on your alternator might be failing.

thanks alot, again

my revs went down at first with some bass with the amp, do you think i might need a power cap? for when i get the sub

Power cap's are pretty useless, and put even more strain on the car power supply and particularly the battery.

My rev's hardly drop with mine....?!

Check that all your connections are good, and you can also help by upgrading the earthing wire from battery negative to chassis, and the charging wire from alternator to battery positive. And if its still bad, try fitting a bigger/better and new battery!

thanks once again,

It was the day i installed it i noticed it, but to be honest i havent noticed it since

Back