front speakers or 6 by 9s

A

albruno

sorry for the long post in advance

but i am still weighing up wot to go for between some 6 by 9s or front speakers, as i am proper skinted at the minute (just booked and payed for holiday) ive only got about £50 so after looking round im considerin either some alpine components http://www.dvbcaraudio.co.uk/product/Alpine_SXE-1750S.html

or some 6 by 9s probly some cheap sony or jvc poss http://www.dvbcaraudio.co.uk/product/JVC_CS-V6932.html

few points, firstly im just lookin for good sound quailty cant afford a sub or to amp them up at the min, so will be running either 6 by 9s or comps through sony xplod 4 by 50 watt HU.
id rather go for the comps but will they provide adequate bass wiout the sub, also will those alpine comps fit does any one know how much mounting space they take up.

also has any 1 got a step by step guide to replacing the front speakers, id sign up to become a member but dont get paid till the end of the month, so cant afford yet.

I disagree with Titch & Jay. A decent set of comps or co-axials upfront would be a better idea. Why drag the sound stage backwards?

The speakers will be easy enough to swap. Just pull the door cards off the door, and remove the circlip from the window winder.

If I missed anything, hopefully someone will mention it.

For comps why not look at something like this also
Here

For co-ax's something like this lot List 1
&
List 2.

Would look at Magnat, JBL for budget setups that can sound good. As well as Alpine and Blaupunkt for your budget.

6 x 9's should be the first speakers you should get, in my opion anyway. Mainly because the boot acts as a type of box for a bit more bass

only reason i would prefer the comps is coz there hidden away in the door panel where as the 6 by 9s are on show and more likely to get nicked

If you haven't got much money, go for the fronts. Firstly, you will get a better speaker for the money. Secondly, you don't have to spend much time or money installing them (building a shelf will cost at least another £15, plus speaker cable).

i have gone for 6x9's for my 1st purchase, depends on what you listen to but seeing as all the power is at the back of the car, most of the time i am wishing that i had a good set of speakers up front, my next purchase will def be some front speakers..should sound alot better then!

or8 cheerz for evry1s input, if i do get those alpine comps does any1 know if they will fit there 17 cm i think but i dont know the mounting depth, and whats best way of installing the tweeters

Best place for tweeters is where they sound best for you. Could be on the A pillars, down in the footwells or next to the woofer. All depends on where you think it sounds best!.

Easy way of testing location is to use blue tack to hold the tweeters when testing.

excuse me for being dumb... but whats the difference between components and co-ax's? just wondered as i was thinking of getting some new speakers for the front

danni,

Right co-axs or Co-axials are speakers with several drive units in one. Prime example would be 6x9's.

Comps are where you have two or three seperate units. Such as tweeter, midrange woofer and mid bass woofer.

Hope that clears things up.

could someone please tell me the maximum mounting depth for the front speakers in a 96 k11

Will be around 54mm at max, anything more will need spacers.

Think we need a sticky about mouting depths.

How about these, any good http://caraudiosecurity.com/catalog/product_info.php+cPath+60_66_104+products_id+1171 there about the only ones that are 54mm that i could find

Back