Opinions on HU

B

Ben

What is the common opinion on this HU as i know a few people on here have it. Im thinking of getting it and hooking it up to a moniter in the dash and relocating the HU to the roof liner so the moniter plays the dvd's, nout touching the sound system untill after xmas

The only problem is the guy that owns bassmechanix wants £250 for a good moniter and £150 / day for fitting and suggests it will take 3 days. Something similar to this: (i know its not micra related but dont like other forums as i know everyone on here)

HU:

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/pro...d=4166&cadid=32394dbf6e8d7140b363f5c918faa0a4

Attachments

• foucu2.jpg
    foucu2.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 251
  • focus1.jpg
    focus1.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 224
oooooo thats nice, my mum has a focus....imagine doing that in a micra - nice. there is a picture on ciscos site where he mouted his speedo etc in the centre of the dash ! how cool is that.....imagine no analouge dials just lcd screens with digital clocks on

my opinion is nice hu is nice has dvd ability u can actually use that tiny screen to watch things outta box but it isnt really that practical its a gimmick thing

bout the relocating u sure u want it in the roof imagine having to stretch ur hand up everytime u want to adjust something (i know u prob have remote but thats not point lol)
also is it just the faceoff in the roof or the actual whole hu cuz if its just the faceoff then ur gonna have the actual hu somewhere (within access to change discs) n without a face its ugly
but if its the actual hu in the roof then like i said u gotta reach up to change discs still but also 450 for fitting is abit ott

also what i encountered with having a screen was that it was better as use as a rear view rather than anything lol u cant really watch a movie on the thing (will explain in a min) other thing is to play music vids which my mate uses his as which is alright cuz u get music n vids with it (only 3mins long as song or such) but movies is useless as ur passengers only use it or when ur on a mega long journey to other side of country then u can watch a full movie cuz ur lil 5mins trip around aint gonna do it

well anyway its all my opinion on it

yeah i see where your coming from zephyr. About the relocation, it is just a face off and the rest of the HU would be located under the passenger seat but wouildnt be using it anyway coz would be running a cd changer in the boot. And yeah i have a remote too - my dad has these music cd's where they ave the video to it too so would mainly be using it for them but i go to scotland every so often to see family etc so could use it for films then. In fact its just about the same stretch to the roof as it is to the cd player now

cheers though

Big_ben said:
What is the common opinion on this HU as i know a few people on here have it. Im thinking of getting it and hooking it up to a moniter in the dash and relocating the HU to the roof liner so the moniter plays the dvd's, nout touching the sound system untill after xmas

The only problem is the guy that owns bassmechanix wants £250 for a good moniter and £150 / day for fitting and suggests it will take 3 days. Something similar to this: (i know its not micra related but dont like other forums as i know everyone on here)

HU:

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=4166&cadid=32394dbf6e8d7140b363f5c918faa0a4

Could save yourself over £100 if you go for the one without the in-built monitor.....? If your putting it in the headliner anyway, there's no real need for it to have its monitor in use!

getting it as an xmas present anyway, ive been meaning to talk to u for a while anyways Pete (dont believe me, i made a thread asking of your whereabouts lol) i seen some on ebay going for like £550 yesterday even though theyre only £380ish in shops

Back