any suggestions on ICE

A

albruno

am new to the forum, have just recently bought a N reg k11 and wanting to fit some ICE, however as im still at college im pretty skint at the moment and can only afford to put head unit and some front speakers in. firstly what does every1 think about just swapping the factory speakers in the front will it sound any good? (with a new HU) or should i have parcel shelf drilled and stick sum 6by9s in? secondly, are the Alpine CDE-9821R HU's any good and if i fit it will i need any wiring adaptors or owt?

any suggestions or advice will be a big help

Hugh

New speakers up front is a good idea. Although the standard ones with a decent HU aren't to bad. Comps up front would be best in the long run. Alpine HU's tend to be decent kit.

If you've got a budget in mind then it might be possible to come up with a nice basic set up for you.

6x9's are ok if you're not planning on using a sub, but aren't the best choice.

Squidula

Site Supporter
Ok, well i would suggest go with comps up front, and sub at back. Drop the 6x9s since theyre not really needed tbh, especially in the size of the car. Amping comps is a gd way to go also, and if im correct in thinking this, get a 2channel amp thats bridged so you can run a sub off that too. That would keep cost down also. Headunits are really down to personal preference, but as hugh said apline are pretty damn gd. Id rec you get one with a removable facia also for security reasons obv.

StuebyDoo