Slight fueling problem

Baz

Ex. Club Member
Right had a problem with the injectors maxing out just at the rev limit,so the car does'nt actually hit a rev limit(as bounce of it only in first)it accelerates right to 7k then even though the throttles wide open the car drops down the revs and slows down as if you let off the throttle.
It like a fuel cut or something. . .so I've been told to put a adjustable fuel reg back on(sard) but screws that hold the standard reg into the rail, are rounded and could'nt get them out so I piped up the adjustable reg and it running through the standard one as a temporary measure.

And what it doing then was hitting about 6500rpm (when injectors start going past 95% even at 1bar)and start misfiring spluttering etc.

This e-manage unit is driving me mad aswell as I think it could be a setting on it but the company that mapped it put a password on the unit so I can't do anything for legal reasons or whatever.The map seems fine on the standard fuel reg but has no rev limit,with the adjustable I just change gear when it misfires.

I'm thinking it could be 3 things :
NGK plug Heat range 9!? (as selected by the tuner)
Standard fuel reg causing a pressure problem when the adjustable one is piped up!
A setting on the e-manage unit as Ed had 1.2 bar with no misfires and a rev limit (if hit ,usual 1st gear)

Have a sard 235l/hr pump on there

I have the car off the road doing a few tasty mods at the moment,I've got all the seals and gaskets for the inlet so I have it off the car,removed the standard reg and fitted the adaptor to the fuel rail I hope this was the problem as I've had enough.I want to run bigger injector but power will suffer due to not being able to lean out the fuel map properly with the emanage blue unit.:doh:

Barry sounds to me like that's set up totally wrong.

They do have fuel cut, and also sounds like your hitting that. It can be removed with the e-manage if you know how. You don't need an adjustable fpr, get rid of that and try and find some 300cc injectors.

Basically, your car is badly set up and needs attention/setup properly.

Barry sounds to me like that's set up totally wrong.

They do have fuel cut, and also sounds like your hitting that. It can be removed with the e-manage if you know how. You don't need an adjustable fpr, get rid of that and try and find some 300cc injectors.

Basically, your car is badly set up and needs attention/setup properly.

Pm sent:down:

Back